Cutting edge radio frequency products
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions:
- Telecom satellite payload engineering activity, working within the SWISSto12 satellite program team and with external partners and suppliers.
- Ensure the system is fit for its intended purpose and analyze technical trade-offs.
- Manage payload systems requirement flow-down and verification.
- Manage payload interfaces to spacecraft platform (RF, power, command and telemetry).
- Perform payload system analyses, trades, design, and development tasks.
- Develop relationships with payload subsystem suppliers and partners. Work with them to Design,
- Manufacture, Assemble, Integrate and Test such subsystems. Define and prepare SoWs and specifications, work alongside program management team to monitor execution of activities, contribute to problem solving, ensure successful delivery of these activities.
- Support payload aspects of telecom satellite proposals including customer briefings.
- Be exposed to responsibility for decisions that have an extended impact.
- Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by mentoring younger engineers, and directing and participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required talent.
- Prepare and/or review technical documentation in support of all tasks.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- 5 or more years of experience with telecom spacecraft payload engineering is a must
- Master or PhD degree in Electrical or Mechanical or Systems or Aerospace Engineering or Physics or equivalent, and at least 10 years of relevant technical experience
- Understanding of principles for spacecraft design, manufacture, assembly, integration, test and operation is a plus
- Experience with satellite digital payloads is a plus
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment
- Must possess the ability to trade-off and optimize performance, resolve complex technical problems, manage technical work with partners, conduct technical development projects
- Experience with managing customer and supplier interfaces
- Real-world experience with system architecture, requirements definition, flow down, tracking and performing system-level analyses in support of trade studies
- Extensive experience with various relevant system modelling and analysis tools is a must
- Ability to “think outside of the box” and thrive in an often-ambiguous trade-space
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation of high quality
- Autonomous and proactive working style with excellent working organization and ethics
- Communicating effectively, excellent relational skills and ability to work in a team with different professional and cultural backgrounds
- Fluent English is a prerequisite, skills in French are a plus