Digital hardware and signal processing Engineer
Cutting edge radio frequency products
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions:
- Technical lead of telecom satellite flexible payload engineering activity, working within the SWISSto12 satellite program team and with external partners and suppliers.
- Ensure the system is fit for its intended purpose and analyse technical trade-offs.
- Manage flexible payload systems (such as digital processor, beamforming units, power/low-noise amplifiers), requirement flow-down and verification.
- Manage payload interfaces to spacecraft platform (RF, power, command and telemetry).
- Perform flexible payload system analyses, trades, design, and development tasks.
- Develop relationships with payload subsystem suppliers and partners. Work with them to Design,
- Manufacture, Assemble, Integrate and Test such subsystems. Define and prepare SoWs and specifications, work alongside program management team to monitor execution of activities, contribute to problem solving, ensure successful delivery of these activities.
- Support all flexible payload aspects of telecom satellite proposals including customer briefings.
- Be exposed to responsibility for decisions that have an extended impact.
- Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by mentoring younger engineers, and directing and participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required talent.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- Experience with digitally beamformed or processed hardware and hardware development for RF telecommunication links
- Experience with RF power amplification (either high-power or low-noise) sub-systems
- Experience with phased array satellite antenna systems is a plus
- Experience within the satellite telecommunications industry is a plus
- Master or PhD degree in a relevant technical field and at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of principles for spacecraft design, manufacture, assembly, integration, test and operation is a plus
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment
- Must possess the ability to trade-off and optimize performance, resolve complex technical problems, manage technical work with partners, conduct technical development projects
- Experience with managing customer and supplier interfaces
- Real-world experience with system architecture, requirements definition, flow down, tracking and performing system-level analyses in support of trade studies
- Extensive experience with various relevant system modelling and analysis tools is a must
- Ability to “think outside of the box” and thrive in an often-ambiguous trade-space
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation of high quality
- Autonomous and proactive working style with excellent working organisation and ethics
- Communicating effectively, excellent relational skills and ability to work in a team with different professional and cultural backgrounds
- Fluent English is a prerequisite, skills in French are a plus