Cutting edge radio frequency products
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions:
- Provide hands-on leadership to the mechanical design team for the development of cutting edge
- Radio-Frequency products for application in the space, aeronautical and defense industries.
- Set guidelines, provide best practices, guide professional capability development of mechanical, material and thermal engineering.
- Drive continuous improvement of technologies, processes and tools to guarantee high quality, state-of-the-art engineering services.
- Ensure solutions fit for their intended purpose and drive technical trade-offs.
- Drive innovation on new mechanical solutions and materials.
- Actively contribute to the setup, maintenance and development of the company’s PLM tool.
- Interact with project managers, electrical and additive manufacturing engineering colleagues.
- Define materials, design and produce 3D and 2D CAD of components and sub-assemblies.
- Lead technical exchanges with partners and subcontractors during the design phases.
- Lead mechanical and material qualifications.
- Write technical documentation, including user guides assembly procedures, deliverable reports to customers as well as qualification test reports.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- University degree in Mechanical or Materials or Aeronautical Engineering or Physics or equivalent.
- At least 7 years of experience in mechanical or material engineering positions.
- Demonstrated experience in mechanical, material and manufacturing processes is a must.
- Experience with managing customer and supplier interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation of high quality.
- Project Management experience is not mandatory but is an asset.
- Organized, methodical, precise, meticulous and autonomous person.
- Experience with thermo-mechanical finite element simulations and optimizations is not mandatory but is a plus.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks and ERP tools.
- Knowledge of PLM tools is an asset.
- Autonomous and proactive working style with excellent working organization and ethics.
- Ease of communicating effectively, good interpersonal skills and ability to integrate into a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Excellent writing skills in English, skills in French are a plus