A Joint Venture between Thales (67%) and Leonardo (33%), Thales Alenia Space is a global space manufacturer delivering, for more than 40 years, high-tech solutions for telecommunications, navigation, Earth Observation, environmental management, exploration, science and orbital infrastructures. Thanks to our diversity of skills, talents and cultures, our customers (governments, institutions, space agencies, telecommunications operators), therefore have Space to Connect, Secure & Defend, Observe & Protect, Explore, Travel & Navigate.
The Thales Group employs over 83,000 people worldwide, 500 of them in Switzerland. Thales’ roots in Switzerland date back to the mid-19th century. Since that time, we have become an authoritative and trend-setting provider of high-tech solutions, key technologies, systems and services in the fields of Transportation Security, Defense & Security, Satellite & Space Technology and Digital Identity & Security.
Thales Alenia Space Schweiz AG in Zurich, with its 75 employees, is the Swiss branch of the internationally operating Thales Alenia Space, Thales Alenia Space Switzerland has over 20 years of experience in the development and construction of opto-electronic systems for space and has established itself as a leading supplier of small and high-performance opto-electronic observation and communication systems for the European and global space industry.
For our space business at our location in Zürich we are looking for a
Project and Bid Manager (m/f/d) (R0219702)
You’ll manage bids and projects in the Space business contributing to the ambitious growth of Thales Alenia Space CH.
You’ll provide direction and leadership to your teams to develop and deliver instruments for scientific satellites and optical communications terminals and to run studies or phase A projects for the Agencies (mainly European Space Agency).
Working closely with our transnational program teams, you’ll ensure closure of design engineering activities, production and testing to ensure a smooth transition through the bid stage, into the production phase and post-delivery assistance.
Your day-to-day role will include:
- Developing the relationships and managing the interface with the Customer (another TAS entity or an external Company ), the Prime and internal stakeholders.
- Providing leadership and strategic vision to the project or bid team•Reviewing and committing to project or bid baselines, consolidating the schedule, and driving commitment to delivery dates
- Managing the costs, forecasts, risks, and opportunities of the project
- Providing consistent and accurate project reporting to both internal and external partners
- Identifying when support is needed for the team and obtaining it from the organization
What we’re looking for from you:
- Proven track record of successfully leading delivery of projects in either the space industry or a similarly complex industry (e.g. defence or aerospace)
- Experience of product development life cycle, and managing development / delivery of new products
- Ability to manage complex project teams and organisational structures consisting of suppliers, external agencies, customers, other company entities
- Ideally, some experience of working with space agencies like the ESA, Swiss Space Office or other country space agencies Ideally an engineering or product development background
- Very good command of English (able to lead negotiations), German (of advantage), French or Italian (a real plus)
Would you like to learn more?
The Talent Acquisition Team is looking forward to hearing from you.
Look forward to the collegial climate of a Swiss SME and the international reach of a global corporation with employment conditions that leave nothing to be desired. Thales lives diversity in everyday life, values work-life balance and where possible enables flexible working.