Building upon the 25 years of SYDERAL SA’s recognized competence and experience, SYDERAL SWISS designs and produces on-board electronic equipment for space applications, with a particular focus on competitive products for new space markets. To develop our innovative products, SYDERAL SWISS has end-to-end engineering capabilities in digital and analog electronics design as well as embedded software development, and we produce our electronic equipment in our clean-room production facilities, qualified to ESA standards.
SYDERAL SWISS designs and produces on-board electronic equipment for space applications. We have participated in more than 50 successful missions, for customers such as ESA, NASA, Thales Alenia Space and Airbus Defense & Space. Our extensive references in space programs made us one of the main electronic equipment suppliers in Europe for satellite payloads and platforms.
Due to the growth in the scope and complexity of our projects, we are searching for a Systems Engineer.
• You support the customer in the definition of requirements that capture their operational needs.
• You evaluate and justify the cost and time needed to fulfill these requirements.
• You define a system architecture compliant with customer needs and optimize it for cost-efficiency.
• You specify the requirements for different subsystems and subcontractors.
• You provide system engineering guidance and supervision to the technical teams and subcontractors.
• You analyse and control the major engineering risks in the project, with a long-term success mindset.
• You proactively involve and seek support of the technical experts as needed for the tasks above.
• You support the project manager in controlling the cost and schedule of the project.
Your profile – Mandatory:
• Deep understanding of systems engineering and how it relates to long-term project success.
• Extensive systems engineering experience in a position of high responsibility.
• Initiative and pragmatism. Creative application of systems engineering to achieve the technical and financial goals of each project.
• Curiosity. Proactive learning of new technical and non-technical disciplines as needed for each project.
• Autonomy and pressure tolerance. Ability to independently defend the interests of the company and make key decisions in high-pressure environments.
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to engender trust in the performed engineering from a technical and managerial audience.
• Leadership. Ability to manage and motivate engineering teams. Ability to provide and receive constructive criticism with respect for technical expertise.
Your profile – Strong Assets:
• Knowledge of electronics, integrated circuits and/or software development.
• Knowledge of technical disciplines involved in space systems development.
• Knowledge of spacecraft architecture and/or space instrument architecture.
• Experience in the space industry and understanding of ESA project contractual dynamics.
• Strong negotiation skills.
Are you interested in joining our team? Apply with your complete documents – CV, application letter, copy of work certificates and diplomas.