In fast-changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defense, security and space, our architects' design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible. Thales has been present in India since 1953 and has a wholly-owned Indian subsidiary Thales India Pvt Ltd. Headquartered in New Delhi, the company has other operational offices and sites in Gurugram, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, among others. Over 600 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Security markets.
Thales is a global leader in data protection and cybersecurity. Thales offers the only complete enterprise encryption portfolio that provides persistent protection of sensitive data at all critical points in its lifecycle. From the physical and virtual data center to the cloud, our solutions help organizations remain protected, compliant, and in control of their data.
We are looking for a System Architect to join our engineering group to anchor development and test engineers who work on the encryption portfolio. He/she would own the design, development, testing and complete lifecycle of the product.
- Own the architecture of transparent encryption product, do the necessary research, make design decisions, contribute to implementation and review.
- Participate in the planning of encryption portfolio product releases in alignment with product management. Assess risk in time, set up a mitigation plan and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Have a mindset to challenge and be challenged to build a robust and future-ready solution.
- Contribute to the enhancement and adaptation of the product design with existing and new market trends.
- Keep Strong control on quality, security, and completeness of the product deliveries.
- Keep up-to-date and flexible with technologies in the field of encryption, security, and infrastructure.
- Strong technical skills to mentor and build a solid technical team in an open and challenging environment.
- Manage critical customer escalations while having direct interaction with technical customers.
- Be an influencer in the development of knowledge sharing as a culture.
- Provide on-demand consultancy to other teams.
JOB SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s or, Master’s degree in computer science or, related discipline
- 15+ years of experience in file system development, kernel, and device driver programming
- Masterclass in coding with C, C++
- Linux/Unix Kernel Programming, preferably file system development and device driver programming
- Linux/Unix System Programming, knowledge of system calls and interfacing with kernel modules
- The expertise of client-server programming including TCP/IP
- The expertise of cryptography including TLS
- Extensive hands-on experience with system calls and interfacing with kernel modules
- Expertise with complex platforms which are clustered, load-balanced, backed up, and high performance
- Exposure to multiple operating systems kernels, few distributions of Linux, Windows, AIX
- Masters the physical, virtual and cloud environments/technologies
- Experience in development, implementation of cryptographic algorithms, devices and, procedures
- Security certifications, Publications, Open source contribution and Patents in the domain
With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!