Our aim is to research and develop innovative systems, solutions and products and provide services to the aerospace and security markets and related industries. Our activities cover manned and unmanned spacecraft, launch/re-entry vehicles, control centres, robotics and a wide range of information systems.
The position is in the Systems Department, Future Projects & Exploration (FPX) Team. The Team is responsible for the study, design, prototype and test of enabling technologies for future missions.
The candidate will mainly report to the FPX Team Lead.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Providing systems engineering expertise for the definition, development and qualification of the following products in on-going projects:
- Electro-/Mechanical and chemical processing payloads for exploration and In-Situ Resource Utilisation (ISRU)
- Systems and subsystems for lunar mobility (Lunar Volatiles Mobile Instrument -LUVMI- rover)
- Exploration and payload systems trade-off, designing, prototyping, prototype de-bugging, functional verification and optimisation
- Conducting and leading studies related to future human spaceflight and exploration of the solar system
- Supporting the Team Lead for projects and preparing proposals
- Being responsible for the delivery of technical products for assigned projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree in Aerospace, Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Process engineering or related discipline
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of space systems engineering
- Experience with the development cycle from feasibility studies to qualification and production
The following are considered an asset:
- Development of spacecraft/payload thermal and structural designs
- Knowledge of:
- International spaceflight programmes, knowledge of spaceflight standards (ECSS/NASA)
- Geology/Earth/Lunar/Physical, Space Resources, tribology or materials science
- Experience in professional design of mining equipment, project management, conducting trade-off studies, leading or participating in integrated tests.
The successful candidate will have the following skills
- A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to:
- Synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
- Adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Work in distributed international teams
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English.
What Do We Offer?
- Working in a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
- An interesting remuneration package with a relocation allowance, if applicable
- A full time position with an indefinite contract of employment.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
The candidate shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.
Please apply with your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English). For this position, the contact person is Mr. Diego Urbina