To serve the clients in our core Space market, while at the same time seeking to exploit Space assets, technologies and processes (such as satellite communications, earth observation data, meteorology and navigation applications) in other market sectors such as Defence, Transport & Energy.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced systems engineer to join the Telespazio VEGA UK team, working onsite at ESTEC supporting the execution and improvement of CDF (Concurrent Design Facility) studies.
The candidate will be working in the TEC Directorate, supported by specialists, and in close co-operation with D/TEC engineers, ESA trainees and external experts.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Support the organisation and execution of concurrent engineering studies in co-operation with D/TEC technical specialists, project teams and industry.
- Actively participate in CDF (Concurrent Design Facility) studies (e.g. pre-phase A assessment) and activities covering the position of Systems Engineer, thus coordinating design and architecture sessions with specialists of other engineering disciplines.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the CDF infrastructure to support internal studies, including formalisation of design models, i/o parameter definition, visualisation/ presentation.
- Support the total CDF infrastructure and overall integrated modelling to ensure the functionality and performance of the CDF, including the development of concurrent engineering tools, mathematical and design models and methods in support of Systems Engineering and application to all phases of the project life-cycle.
- Promote the use of the CDF to support ESA programmes, industry and external customers.
- Provide System Engineering functional support to ESA projects, which encompasses: interface with the project team directly or via the TEC-SYE project support engineer, interface – if requested – with the industrial team, participation in progress meetings and reviews, as requested by project work, and providing appropriate feedback about achieved progress and results.
- Provide support to the Directorate’s activities as requested within the field of competence.
Qualifications / Experience
- University Master’s degree (or equivalent) in related subject
- Strong background in Systems Engineering
- CE methodology and tools,
- Multidisciplinary feasibility studies,
- Space mission analysis and conceptual design,
- System engineering modelling capabilities.
- Good organisational skills
- Sound judgement,
- Team spirit
- Good communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.