Honeybee Robotics is seeking a Mechanicalor Systems Engineer level IV or V for our Pasadena, CA facility.
Lead development of custom robotic and spacecraft mechanisms and electromechanical systems for spaceflight applications.
- Developconceptual designs andwork plans for new product development including estimation of resources required
- Perform top level architectural design and preliminary analysis/sizing
- Act as the primary interface between mechanical,electrical, and controls/softwareengineering teams
- Analyze and define product functional requirements
- Analyze and define subsystem requirements including: mechanical, electronic, embedded systemsand software.
- Perform hazards/risk analysis and develop mitigation strategies
- Apply engineering principles to, and directly participate in, the design, fabrication, assembly, and testing
- Generate and review fabrication, test, and quality assurance documentation and vendor specifications
- Lead technical discussions with customers
Required Experience, Skills and Education:
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)•BS in Mechanical, AeronauticalEngineering,or equivalent
- 5+ years of post-grad experience developing custom mechatronic products
- Experience with rapid prototyping methods including hardware & software for fast proof-of-concept development
- Experience writing and maintaining design and test quality assurance documentation
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with all phases of development including requirements analysis, prototypedesign, product design, assembly, debug, and testing
- Experience leading multi-discipline teams to develop complex electro-mechanical systems
- Expert in CAD
- Excellent intra-team and client-facing collaboration and communication skills
We offer excellent benefits, including; medical, dental, vision; life insurance; STD and LTD insurance; FSA/HSA, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation pay, sick leave, and tuition reimbursement.Honeybee Robotics creates specialty robots, electromechanical flight subsystems, automated drills and other machines destined for work on Earth, Mars and beyond. We make next-generation applications a reality through creative, collaborative engineering that combines the best minds with innovative technology. Since 1983, we have completed more than 300 advanced projects for NASA, the US Department of Defense, academia and industry. Every Martian rover since 2003, has relied on systems built by Honeybee Robotics. Our passion for the planet continues as we work on future systems for Mars,b planetary moons and asteroids.