In December 2018, hundreds of flights were cancelled at Gatwick Airport near London, after drones were spotted in the vicinity of the runway. In order to help addressing this kind of issue, Telespazio VEGA is building upon their expertise in aviation and signal processing to propose effective solutions deploying advanced technology for drone counter-measures including detection and tracking.
As part of a motivated multidisciplinary team, you will develop and implement algorithms for state-of-the-art signal analysis techniques for radio signal detection and tracking of small UAVs, and will implement these in software modules for integration in products.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Identification and selection of advanced signal processing techniques for radio localisation and tracking
- Antenna configuration analysis
- Implementation of SDR configuration and algorithms in C/C++ using CUDA
- Work with the product development team on achieving high-quality and high-performance implementations
Qualifications / Experience
- University degree in electrical engineering or computer science
- Proven experience in signal analysis and software development
- Software-defined radio
- Signal analysis
- Direction finding
- Beam forming using antenna arrays
- Good documentation writing skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English