Archangel Imaging is a startup developing distributed intelligence and advanced camera systems with on-device AI. We have worked on World Record projects and have developed unique machine vision payloads including edge AI devices winning the AIConics AI for Good award (2019), the BT Infinity Lab Augmented Intelligence award (2018), and finalist at the Dubai’s Robotics for Good (2017). We are passionate about bringing deployable AI technology to underserved groups in remote areas who wouldn’t have access to AI applications otherwise, and to tackling those major problems that affect our planet.
We are looking for an exceptional, proactive, detail-oriented full-stack engineer contractor to work with us for 3-6 months on leading and growing our team of developers in delivering apps and services for SaaS customers.
You will manage our full-stack development team and contribute heavily to the architecture, design and development to produce novel applications that manage AI-enabled devices.
This is a chance to join a fast moving startup at a time when you can strongly influence the design decisions, technology selection and talent recruitment.
- Architect the front-end, back-end and middleware solutions for our web apps, iOS and Android apps that interact with remote embedded devices.
- Interact with the other development teams to ensure a complete system design.
- Design and develop key components
- Recruit to grow the back-end development team
- Manage the development team to deliver quality outputs, following agile methodologies.
- Mentor, coach and develop the team
Essential skills/ experience:
- Commercial full-stack scalable system design and delivery experience
- Web app, iOS and Android app GUI design experience
- Multi-platform architecture / design experience
- SaaS / B2B / Multi-customer development and deployment experience
- Strong software design and development experience, including OO design
- Strong rapid / iterative development skills
- Excellent full-stack design and development experience
- Team lead experience
- Proficient with multiple modern technology such as MEAN, MERN, React, Vue, Angular, Node, GO, Express, MongoDB, SQL, NoSQL, MQTT, Kafka, ELK, Docker, Kubernetes, Message Brokers, etc.
- Commerical experience with cloud deployment, network diagnostics and data analytics
- Excellent communication skills (written, and spoken)
- Customer / user engagement experience
- Strong commitment to agile practices
- Strong understanding of security essentials, session management, etc.
- Familiarity with TDD, BDD, CI, CD etc.
- Devops system design and deployment experience
Desirable skills/ experience:
- Scalable IoT solutions experience
- User experience design and mockup skills
- Familiar with serverless architecture
- Familiar with micro-services architecture
- Familiar with LoRa, Wi-Fi, Iridium, 3G, 4G etc.
- Early stage startup experience preferred
- Embedded software experience beneficial
Location: Our core team is currently based in Harwell Space Campus – remote working is possible with this role.