At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
Specific tasks include:
UNIX (LINUX and SOLARIS), Macintosh and PC System management:
- Installation, configuration, integration and setting up of new machines with appropriate operating systems and layered software
- Administration and operation management of computer systems
- System security management
- System upgrades, both hardware and operating system.
- User support (mainly scientists and engineers)
- Handle the mail aliases and mail distribution lists.
- Handling/checking/modifying all backups.
- Definition, implementation and maintenance of IT operational procedures
- Issues of documentation and technical reports
GRID related activities:
- Installation, configuration, integration, operations, maintenance and upgrade of Grid Engine
- Support users to adapt their computing tasks to the Grid infrastructure
Cloud related activities:
- Installation, configuration, integration, operations, maintenance and upgrade of RedHat CloudForms middleware
- Knowledge of other Cloud middleware and hybrid Clouds is an asset
- Knowledge of Linux containers is an asset
Contact with hardware and software suppliers:
- Definition of hardware/software needs and quotation requests for new purchases and maintenance contracts
- Logging hardware incidents calls and following the call history.
- Assisting technician when on site.
- Installation and maintenance of storage SAN/NAS infrastructure
- Installation and maintenance of Virtual Machines
- Installation and maintenance of compute clusters
- Interface with external ESA corporate informatics infrastructure service providers
- Design of network setup requirements and follow up of implementation
- Request of new network connections.
The Ideal Candidate
Specific knowledge is required in the following areas:
- Container orchestration (e.g. kubernetes)
- Big data technologies (e.g. spark, hadoop)
- IT automation technologies (e.g. Ansible, StackStorm, Terraform)
- Grid technology (Grid Engine)
- Cloud computing
- Storage SAN/NAS technologies
- Solaris System management
- Linux (RedHat) system management
- Virtualization technologies
- Linux container technologies
- Backup technologies
- PC Windows and Macintosh system management
- Scientific user computer support
- Network design and requirements
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.