Archangel Imaging is a startup transforming the way we protect lives and assets in off-grid, remote locations with AI-enabled early warnings and actions. We have developed unique edge AI solutions winning the AIConics AI for Good award (2019), the BT Infinity Lab Augmented Intelligence award (2018), and finalist at the Dubai’s Robotics for Good (2017), and our teammates have worked on World Record projects. We are passionate about empowering small teams with smart resources, so they can be at the right place at the right time over vast amount of lands to tackle complex challenges like poaching and organised crimes.
We are now looking for an experienced Project Management Executive with experience managing the delivery of projects, with the focus of the role mainly on procurement, logistics and suppliers management. The successful candidate will ensure consistent and highly satisfactory project delivery to augment our rapidly growing team. Business awareness, technical knowledge, and leadership skills are required to contribute to the development of the delivery team.
- Manage multiple stakeholders and ensure their expectations are satisfied.
- Ensure successful project outcomes: Manage risks, all project deliverables, ensure work packages converge throughout the project, work closely with a multidisciplinary team of varying experience levels.
- Work closely with senior management to align with company strategy and product roadmap.
- Manage and track partners, suppliers, contractors and all project dependencies.
- Support customer interactions for winning new work.
- Support recruitment to grow the company.
- Optimise internal project management processes and strategy; establish new systems to support the scaling of team/ project size by liasing with the technical delivery teams.
- Other non project management related work such as recruitment, technical guidance, business development, product development / user engagement.
Essential skills / Experience
- Excellent customer/supplier relationship management skills.
- Have exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken
- Independent problem solver, good judgement, attention to detail, structured thinking, etc.
- Self-motivated and self-organised
- Proactively pushing progress forward
- Experience managing commercial/government/ grant-funded projects from project definition, through interim demonstrations to final product delivery.
- Experience in different project management approaches (agile, waterfall)
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle, including modern devops practices such as continuous integration/delivery/deployment.
- Experience assessing and managing risks in technical (software and hardware) projects.
- Have a technical background related to Software/AI/web/hardware development.
- Experience working in a start-up or small team environment
- Experience managing B2B/SaaS/Enterprise projects
- Managing, participating in field tests of devices
- Managing AI and/or IoT device based projects
- We work around delivery-focused, agile sprints, with a sustainable work-life balance.
- You will be making impact early and regularly – build your skills, while drive the technology forward and change the world.
- Potential bonus and equity for excellent impact
- Options for flexible working hours, (some) working from home
- Travel and training bursaries, as needed
- Gym discounts, cinema half price forever, free phone insurance, shopping and supermarket discounts plus many many more!
- The buzzing Harwell Space Campus (the UK future answer to Silicon Valley) with regular events on site (networking, workshops)
Our core team is currently based in Harwell Space Campus, with near-term plans to move our office base to central Oxford/ London. Full time remote work is not currently possible. Depending on the projects, there will also be overseas travel; for 2017 this was Dubai and for 2016 it was Belgium.
TIER 2 SPONSORSHIP
We are only licensed to sponsor candidates who are already in the UK on certain visas that can switch to Tier 2.
All candidates requiring tier 2 visa are welcome to apply and will be considered alongside all other applications, but please note that the limited numbers of sponsorship certificates would need to be reserved for exceptional talents. In other words, the non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. Those currently exempted from this test are in-country Tier 4 visa holders, for example. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website