Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role you will be adapting and implementing technical sales support strategy for designated area. You will be ensuring technical support for internal and external customers, creating promotional strategy in line with the sales strategy and ensuring highly technical promotional activities are planned and executed for assigned target audience at the right time and with appropriate technical content. You will be leading, developing and coaching the technical promotion team in the region proactively and ensuring high level of technical knowhow. You will be also overseeing technical proposals ensuring alignment with ABB standards and targets. Proactively leading, developing and coaching the technical promotion team. You will be reporting to the Data Center Solutions Generation Leader.
- Creating, implementing and reviewing regional technical sales support strategies and promotional activities plans for dedicated target group (consultants, design institutes, engineering/architect offices, authorities etc.), aligning the promotional activities plan and strategy with the sales strategy and sales activities plan.
- Ensuring that the technical promotion teams in the region support the sales organization by providing high technical support and technical training or explanation to the target audience on time and on quality with high customer satisfaction.
- Uncovering customer needs and constraints and influencing customer specifications before proposals are requested by demonstrating the tangible value of ABB solutions to the target audience, overseeing the technical preparation of proposals for selected key projects and ensuring efficient marketing activities and strong value proposition to customers by using effective promotional techniques.
- Influencing customer specifications to make ABB more competitive, influencing consultants to propose designs which favor ABB, ensuring most competitive offers taking into account the customer’s conditions and latest technical solutions available to offer.
- Creating a vision of a loyal, committed and long-term customer relationship and implementing the necessary action plan and steps to reach the vision, supporting customers (especially consultants and engineering /architect offices) in project development and in problem solving from a technical standpoint.
- Supporting bid/no bid analyses and decisions, as needed.
- Driving specification influencing at target customers. Ensures support to the Sales organizations during the technical meetings, product presentations and negotiations with customers and provides technical support and clarification as needed.
- Seasoned professional with a bachelor’s degree (MBA level an advantage) in a related discipline, preferably in Engineering or Software.
- 12+ years’ experience in Business Development, Technical Influencing or Engineering in a technology business.
- At least 8+ years’ experience in the Data Center Solution area with solid industry background knowledge.
- Proven ability to translate customer requirements into actionable solutions.
- Strong skills in communication, negotiation and stakeholder management.
- Proven ability to build lasting partnerships on all levels of an international organization.
- Self-driven, resilient, energetic, enthusiastic and inclusive; creating or responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs as well as managing ambiguity.
- Results oriented execution mindset.