Archangel Imaging is a startup developing distributed intelligence and advanced camera systems with on-device AI.
Archangel Imaging is a startup developing distributed intelligence and advanced camera systems with on-device AI. We have worked on World Record projects and have developed unique machine vision payloads including edge AI devices winning the AIConics AI for Good award (2019), the BT Infinity Lab Augmented Intelligence award (2018), and finalist at the Dubai’s Robotics for Good (2017). We are passionate about bringing deployable AI technology to underserved groups in remote areas who wouldn’t have access to AI applications otherwise, and to tackling those major problems that affect our planet.
We are looking for a proactive, ambitious, and resourceful technical recruiter to spearhead our effort in this front. You will be reporting to the COO and work closely with other members of both the operations and the technical teams to source candidates of the highest caliber for the company. You enjoy implementing cutting edge practices and technology tools, but are also very people-focused. Your near-term career path would be to grow into the company’s head of talent and oversees all recruitment operations. Alternatively you could choose to diversify into other areas of operations (i.e HR functions, among others), and develop your skills to grow into an operations manager, inside or outside our company.
Below are examples of possible near-term and long-term responsibilities:
- Own the end-to-end technical recruitment process: Sourcing, partnerships, advertising, interviewing, selection, closing and onboarding candidates.
- Project management and process improvement: Manage hiring cycles in conjunction with OKRs, design and track KPIs, introduce automation and best practices
- Internal training: Advise/ coach hiring managers and interviewers on talent attraction and talent management
- Employer branding: You will work closely with our operations and technical staff to promote the cutting edge work we are doing. Coordinate recruitment/ networking/ outreach/ brand building events, and partnership programs with universities.
- Strategic management: lead, build, mentor the talents team; contributing to talents strategy along with the C-team
- Talents management: help build the company’s high-performance culture and fostering employee happiness
Essential skills / Experience (* = must haves)
- Previous *full cycle recruitment experience* is essential, either internally or within an agency. The company is currently not working with agencies so the ideal candidate should have experience directly filling the majority of the roles
- Technical recruiting skills using *Linkedin Recruiter, social media, booleans*
- *Proven record of successfully hiring technical candidates with skills at the top 1% of the industry*
- Technology-savvy: Experience of managing *ATS* and tracking hiring metrics e.g. with *Excel* or other popular business analytics tools.
- Strong communication skills and judgment in relation to recruitment, *managing employer brands/profiles*, and talents management.
- Ability to handle pressure, multi-task and adapt to changing requirements.
- Proficient English, positive attitude, self-driven and interested in working in a start-up environment
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Experience with deep tech sector, especially aerospace engineering, robotics and articificial intelligence
- Experience working with Russell Group universities and designing/leading milkround recruitment programs.
- experience/education background in science/engineering
- start-up experience
- Experience introducing automation tools
- MS project, Asana, JIRA or other project/task/requirements management software
- experience in other aspects of operations beyond recruitment
- We work around delivery-focused, agile sprints, with a sustainable work-life balance.❤
- Flexible working hours, working from home
- You will be making impact early and regularly – build your skills, while drive the technology forward and change the world.
- Bonus, pay rise and shares options for excellent impact
- Gym discounts, free phone insurance, shopping and supermarket discounts plus many many more!
- Paid classroom training and online courses
- Relocation support, as needed
- Fresh fruits 🍒& snacks 🍫 & ☕ weekly restocked and thoughtfully remixed
- The buzzing Harwell Space Campus (the UK future answer to Silicon Valley) with regular events on site (networking, workshops)
- Team socials
- Latest tech and tools to make your work lives easier
Location: Our core team is currently based in Harwell Space Campus, with longer-term plans to move our office base to central Oxford/ London. Regular remote work is possible for qualified candidates. Depending on the projects, there will also be overseas travel.
We have all our careers-related info pack here while updating our website
This role will close once suitable applicants are appointed, with the start date negotiable.
For questions please use the messenger on this site.
TIER 2 SPONSORSHIP
We are only licensed to sponsor candidates who are already in the UK on valid visas that can switch to tier 2.
All candidates requiring tier 2 visa are welcome to apply and will be considered alongside all other applications but please note that the limited numbers of sponsorship certificates would need to be reserved for exceptional talents. In other words, the non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. Those currently exempted from this test are in-country Tier 4 visa holders, candidates qualified at PhD level, for example. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration