As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will shape procedures that will become the foundation of a company that is doing things for which no blueprint exists for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of hiring top talent at Blue. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Develop sourcing models and plans to generate talent pools; create and execute robust search strategies that will attract the best and brightest talent; calibrate candidates with hiring managers.
- Develop prospects into candidates. Engage, sustain relationships, screen and interview.
- Continually contributes to the knowledge base of the group by sharing new information about industries and talent pools or profile types.
- Participate in scoping discussions.
- Prepares/contributes to search status reports and leads/participates in client update meetings on active searches.
- Provides strategic guidance and becomes an advisor to leaders at Blue Origin by delivering results.
- He / She will be a top recruiter and you will be the go-to person for hard to fill searches.
- Accurate knowledge, clear written and verbal communication are a must for advising and influencing Sr. leadership. Ability to articulate with a high level of business acumen; able to influence and respond across complex arguments and engage with senior level executives in a polished and professional manner.
- Proven ability to keep up with a fast-paced environment. Resilience under pressure. Able to do polite push back when required. Ready to collaborate and bring ideas to the attention of the whole team. Confident when working autonomously.
- Exceptional research, consulting, technical sourcing, and assessing skills.
- Self-assured, not easily thrown, able to think on your feet.
- Inquisitive; with a strong desire to learn and a strong team player.
- Minimum of 8+ years of progressive corporate and/or search firm recruiting experience with a focus on passive candidate generation in a high technical market.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience recruiting senior engineering and technical talent
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- 12+ years of experience in recruiting, ideally with specific experience in hiring Sr. Engineering talent.
- Strong client focus and commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships, must pursue conscious cost-containment efforts in recruiting, continually seek new sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to delivering candidates to the customer
- Outstanding communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.