Sitec, a Belcan company, provides engineering and recruitment solutions to many blue chip clients across a range of sectors including Aerospace, Nuclear, Defence and Petro-Chemical.
Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Technical Support Planning Engineer to join our client based in Brize Norton. This is a contract position for an initial 6 months and has a pay rate of £45 p/hr limited and £34.54 p/hr PAYE.
The clients DS Voyager Technical Support Services team provides sub-contracted aircraft technical management services in support of the A330 Voyager fleet operated by our customer, AirTanker. The subcontracted services relate to the continuing airworthiness management of the Voyager aircraft and they are carried out to the EASA Part M standard of compliance. The Airbus DS Voyager Technical Support Services team is based in the customer’s facility at RAF Brize Norton and provides its support services as members of the customer’s Technical Services, Technical Records, and Engineering Planning departments.
The Technical Support Planning Engineer is a member of the customer’s Engineering Planning department and is responsible for:
- Providing a medium-term to long-term maintenance planning service, identifying maintenance task requirements for the A330 Voyager fleet and ensuring all tasks are packaged into work packs for execution by the Part 145 maintenance organisation (or an external MRO).
- Helping to plan offsite maintenance inputs.
- Liaising with the customer organisation, Part M short term planning, Part 145 logistics and Part 145 maintenance, to ensure effective and efficient planning of all maintenance and modification requirements to ensure all tooling and manpower is brought together to support the accomplishment of the work pack.
- Liaising with suppliers, manufacturers, and service providers to ensure service levels are maintained.
- Entering and maintaining A330 Voyager maintenance planning data in the customer’s Ground Computer Information System (GCIS).
- Managing projects and assignments as directed by the Head Of Voyager Technical Support Services.
Clear communication and written skills and the ability to work within a small, multi-tasking, multi-national team are essential.
- Engineering Degree, EASA Part 66 Licence, or equivalent technical qualification. Applicants who do not satisfy the qualifications, but can demonstrate adequate practical experience, may be considered.
- Experience in a maintenance planning role is strongly desirable.
- Experience of the aircraft operational environment is strongly desirable.
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance programmes.
- Knowledge of task card production and management.
- Knowledge of work-pack production and management.
- Knowledge of airworthiness directives and service bulletins.
- Knowledge of EASA Part M regulations
- Knowledge of EASA Part 145 regulations.
- Good IT skills.
- An analytical approach to work and an attention to detail.
- An ability to work well on their own initiative as well as in a team.
- A customer focused and proactive attitude.
- Hold a UK passport or a passport issued by a country with which AirTanker has an export control licence.
- Able to satisfy the security clearance requirements necessary for access to a UK military establishment, and work in a security sensitive environment.