This individual will have the opportunity to learn in practice how to assist the engineers to perform Avionics, Airframe and Engine Maintenance tasks on Air Arabia aircrafts including inspections, repairs and component replacement, and how to perform and record work up to required standards and in accordance with Air Arabia and regulatory requirements.
Key Result Responsibilities
- On day-to-day basis supports the Line/Base Maintenance and Workshops engineers and staff in their daily work by executing the assigned tasks timely and accurately.
- Carries out a programme of training as agreed with the Air Arabia Technical Instructor and the Head of Maintenance and Maintenance Managers
- Performs all work and duties assigned as per standards adopted by Air Arabia and in accordance with company’s policies, procedures and the regulatory authorities.
- Executes routine and non-routine maintenance tasks on Air Arabia and Third party aircrafts during maintenance inputs.
- Ensures strict adherence to all pertinent safety precautions as published in the manufacturer manuals and other related publications.
- Ensures that he is fully conversant with the tasks assigned.
- Advises Certifying Engineers and Shift Managers with any impending service disruptions or problems without failure.
- Processes the replacement of parts and components in a professional manner with full and proper adherence to the manuals and to all the required documents.
- Conducts physical checking and inspection of the components prior to fitment to aircraft or component.
- Ensures labels and blanking of ports covering the exposed areas are all covered.
- Maintains tidiness of the workstation before and after completing the tasks assigned.
- Carries out training in other areas of the engineering and maintenance environment as required.
- Continues to engage in personal development undertaking such trainings as deemed required by the training Manager and the Head of Engineering.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- A diploma in aircraft maintenance or equivalent is acceptable.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English to a good standard for technical communications.
- Ability to use computer (Microsoft Office).
- Physically fit and has the ability to travel at short notice.
- Ability to obtain UAE Driver’s License.
- Age between 23 – 30 years
- Previous experience is not required for this role.
- Ability to train on how to perform maintenance on large commercial aircraft.
- Ability to work in Line or Base Maintenance environment.
- Able to demonstrate basic understanding of Airframe and Engine Maintenance theory and practice.
- Ability to work under harsh working conditions and on shift pattern.
- Ability to work for long working hours.