FUTURE, We see you coming.
The Senior Project/ Program Manager will be responsible for the continued expansion of Power BI reporting products that deliver essential data directly to the users across Queensland, providing our frontline staff with the information they need to ensure successful outcomes for Queensland .
The Data Platform and Reporting Project has been established to deliver more data, more effectively to client and corporate office staff. This project has three streams of work, including the:
- Development of foundational data governance roadmap and components;
- Establishment of an enterprise data platform (in Microsoft Azure); and
- Expansion of existing reporting products to users (Power BI).
The Senior Project Manager will lead all three streams of work, ensuring effective team management and delivery of outputs, within time, scope and budget. This role will strategically manage the linkages across the three streams, and provide high-level, tactical advice to senior officers within the department on opportunities, risks/issues and future direction of this work.
Experience and skills
- Extensive experience in successfully delivering data/business intelligence-related projects, particularly in large, complex organisations;
- Strong understanding of contemporary data/business intelligence technologies and approaches (preferably Microsoft Azure and Power BI) and the supporting enterprise-level data governance/management required;
- Highly developed leadership skills, with a proven track record of managing and motivating high-performing, multi-disciplinary teams to deliver required outcomes, on time and on budget;
- Extensive experience in engaging directly with both technical and business staff, and a demonstrated ability to translate information from the technical to the business context, and vice versa;
- High level analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills, as evidenced by a record of achievement in the solution of complex problems within complex environments;
- Well-developed skills in the preparation and presentation of substantial reports and highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, including proven achievement in effectively liaising, consulting and negotiating with client groups, all levels of public officials and industry executives;