FUTURE, We see you coming.
- New Enterprise Data Warehouse program
- Snowflake product experience desirable
- Long term contract opportunity
Primary purpose of the role:
Architecture tasks including data models, reverse engineering, and performance optimization by designing data warehouses / marts, to integrate data from multiple sources and to correctly ensure the flow of data across the internal database layers.
- Design ETL via source-to-target mapping and design documents that consider security, performance tuning and other best practices
- Analysing and translating business needs into long-term solution data models.
- Evaluating existing data systems.
- Working with the development team to create conceptual data models and data flows.
- Developing best practices for data coding to ensure consistency within the system.
- Reviewing modifications of existing systems for cross-compatibility.
- Implementing data strategies and developing physical data models.
- Updating and optimizing local and metadata models.
- Evaluating implemented data systems for variances, discrepancies, and efficiency.
- Extensive experience as a BI Data Modeller, specialising in dimensional data modelling (implementing Kimball methodology to design data marts – bus matrix, star schemas, conformed dimensions, etc.)
- Experience with modelling BI Semantic Layers – modelling SnowFlake datasets will be an added advantage.
- Strong understanding of traditional/modern BI/DW, ETL and metadata concepts.
- Significant hands-on experience in developing enterprise scale conceptual, Logical and physical data models definition. Ability to use, adopt and expand enterprise data models and their implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in using data modelling tools such as Sparx EA, Erwin, or similar.
- Hands on commercial experience or exposure to using snowflake and AWS cloud technologies Storage etc.