At TEKsystems, we’re obsessed with technology. Its power to change everything. Technology fuels our passion and commitment to helping organisations do what they set out to. When we engage, we bring fresh ideas that help you galvanise your performance. Refine your strategy. Spark new energy. The future—and how we get there—depends on those who build, connect, create and transform our world. The most successful and innovative businesses are already doing it, and we’re skilled experts at bringing the talent they need to thrive.
Currently seeking an Azure Data Engineer to join a large government organisation based in Brisbane City.
- Designing, implementing, optimising and managing core data infrastructure on cloud platforms (e.g. Azure) with an emphasis on security and reliability. This includes data migration.
- Developing, implementing and managing application and user access for the core data infrastructure in accordance with Data Governance Frameworks and/or policies.
- Managing data infrastructure in a CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Development) pipeline with appropriate controls and documentation.
- Building and sustaining multiple ingestion pipelines with ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) tools as per defined business and user requirements with an emphasis on quality.
- Designing and implementing data pipeline and reporting processes, including automation where required (e.g. Azure Automation).
- Defining processes or options for deploying and integrating new features/capabilities on to the core data infrastructure platform.
- Providing strategic and operational advice on transformational program/project direction for data engineering activities, including infrastructure build, which meets business requirements and is of high quality.
- Working with the Business Analyst and/or other stakeholders to deliver outcomes which provide value to the business and align with the CCC strategy across the project.
- Developing handover documentation and ongoing support models, including architecture diagrams.
- Validation of infrastructure and models in a test environment and commissioning onto production platforms.
- Assisting with the planning and coordination of ICT integration testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and providing support to business stakeholders to achieve successful UAT outcomes.
- Creating analytics tools, data marts and reports which can be used to build/optimise products for stakeholders across the business using Microsoft BI technologies such as Azure, SQL Server, Power BI, Excel etc.
- At least five (5) years demonstrated experience in data engineering, with a focus on analytics in the context of a large scale, complex business change program/project. Public sector experience is desired but not essential.
- Demonstrated track record of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, decoupled datasets, with attention to detail in data quality, wrangling, cleansing and validation.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with project/business stakeholders to understand their goals and objectives, and fully clarify their needs.
- Knowledge of, and experience in applying, waterfall and agile project methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2 Agile) in cross-functional teams within a dynamic environment.
- Extensive experience in setup, migration and management of Data Warehouses in the Cloud (e.g. Azure).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft SQL and Python scripting.
- Data mart setup based on use cases.
- Desirable technical skills:
- Advanced skill in NoSQL.
- Power BI report creation and secure sharing.
People are at the heart of every successful business initiative. At TEKsystems, we understand people. Our deep insights into human capital management enable us to help our clients achieve their business goals – while optimising their IT workforce strategies. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group is the global leader in talent solutions with over 15,000 employees, 500 locations and 130,000 contractors.