Telenor Norge AS, part of the Telenor Group, is the country's largest digital service provider within telecommunications and data services.
Do you want to help build Telenor’s virtual platform for mobile services?
Telenor is now building a state-of-the-art virtualization platform that will be the foundation in the production of all Telenor’s mobile services, such as mobile data and mobile voice. We are now establishing an interdisciplinary team to build, manage and operate this Network Function Virtualization (NFV) platform. There will be a further development in Telenor in the direction of containers, Edge data centers, further virtualization of both IT and Telco applications in the future.
Our strategy is to develop an OpenStack based NFV platform. The OpenStack platform uses KVM Hypervisor for compute, Ceph for storage and SDN based network. The concept is realized in collaboration with leading suppliers, based on software from Nokia and the open source community. One of the success criteria in the time ahead is to increase the degree of automation through the MANO orchestration concept. This is based on advanced data modeling (TOSCA, YANG, YAML, HOT), Ansible and REST APIs. The platform will be realized in modern GEO redundant data centers with Clos architecture, VXLAN and MP-BGP addressing.
In connection with this, we are opening several new positions and therefore need different skills and different profiles. We are building a team that will gain some expertise about the entire platform, and cutting-edge expertise in one or a few areas. We need someone who becomes a specialist in networks with detailed knowledge of SDN, VXLAN and traditional IP networks. Others become specialists in Openstack and containers etc., and similarly in other areas. We want to recruit someone who is already a specialist in some areas, but also encourage new graduates to apply. In this position, you get very good opportunities for continuous competence development in line with the technology development in the industry. This is ‘state of the art’ within a direction the entire telecom and IT industry is up in and which will continue further ahead.
Do you want to join this journey as our Virtualization Technical Expert?
As a Virtualization Technical Expert, you get the following tasks:
- You will be one of the team’s virtualization experts, and will contribute to the development and operation of the platform to ensure performance, functionality, quality, robustness and security.
- You will contribute to project work that introduces new VNFs or further develops the platform
- Plan and implement changes in the platform, as well as work with problems aimed at the platform
- You will use automation tools for continuous improvement work to ensure efficient and stable operation
Graduates are strongly encouraged to apply, as we want a mix of specialists and graduates in the team. We set up a customized training program and extra training for you who are a recent graduate.
As an interdisciplinary team, we must together master many subject areas – where no one knows everything. Great professional development is facilitated and if you have competence in any of the following areas, you will be an attractive candidate:
- System developer / architect / technical expert for systems / networks within IT / telecommunications
- Linux, Scripting in Linux (preferably in Python / Perl, bash)
- Automation of configuration management and software / application deployment, e.g. with tools like Ansible
- Mobile service platforms, especially mobile core network for data and voice services
- NFV architecture, Open Stack, MANO
- Firewall technology – PaloAlto
- Network, SDN, VXLAN, OVS
- Container technology, Kubernetes, Openshift
- Data center, operation of HW for compute and storage
- ITIL operational and management processes, e.g. in testing, change and event management
It is an advantage if you have:
- Experience from operations, preferably from a virtualization environment.
- Experience from telecom and knowledge of mobile service platforms
In order to succeed and thrive in the role, it is also important that you:
- Are independent, but like to work in teams
- Are enterprising and solution-oriented
- Not afraid to touch a roof, and have the ability to implement
- Want to learn new technologies and raise your own level of competence
Why should you join our team?
- You get the opportunity to work with new technology
- You get the opportunity to participate and operate Telenor’s critical infrastructure
- We have a good working environment with committed employees, and you will get to work with demanding and challenging tasks
- Telenor is an exciting organization and there are good development opportunities both in Norway and abroad
- “40 hour challenge” where we encourage employees to spend 40 hours during a year on their own learning, where you will have access to a wide range of online courses in several different subject areas
- Good terms and good pension and insurance agreements
- Cabin rental, sports and sports teams, share program for employees, special discounts etc.
- Unofficially Norway’s best canteen scheme with 3 canteens with different concepts
Good to know:
- Application deadline as soon as possible, and no later than 8 October 2020
- If you have questions about the position, contact Øyvind Bjørge (Head of NFVI) on tel: +47 900 89 505
- Start-up is soon or by appointment
- The position entails the opportunity to become part of a shift scheme with associated compensation
- You must be or be able to be security cleared
We background check current candidates via Semac, www.semac.no