Specialized in the Space Industry for 40 years
Telespazio Belgium is an international company which specializes in the space industry for over 30 years.
The European Space Agency is our biggest client and we provide highly qualified employees to many sites of ESA mainly in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, and the UK.
Your career is very important to us, therefore, we provide a permanent contract with great benefits, good salary, relocation package and genuine support to our employees.
On behalf of the European Space Agency, we are looking for a highly skilled Galileo Control Segment Networks Engineer to work in ESTEC, in the Netherlands.
Supporting and following up the procurement carried out by the Ground Control Segment (GCS) Prime industrial contractor for the Network elements:
- Ensuring from a technical point of view that the element is correctly implemented, tested, delivered and verified, such that it is acceptable for integration into the GCS and meets the overall ESA requirements:The follow-up of GCS design activities at segment level (architecture, performances, security)
– The follow-up of GCS Assembly, Integration and Validation (AIV) activities
– The contribution to the definition of the operations related to the GCS
- Ensuring that the procurement process, in particular every review milestone, is carried out in accordance with the element SOW and any specific rules defined in agreed GCS Prime “Organizational Notes”
- Resolving directly with the GCS Prime all minor technical and programmatic problems, including the management of Evolution Maintenance Requests, covering enhancements requested by the Operations team
- In all activities, maintain a constant awareness of the cost and schedule impact of any decisions made, carefully trading off the benefits to the mission against any possible delays and additional costs for topics related to Networks
Interface with other areas of the project on Network related topics:
- Support and interactions with other areas of the project (systems, space segment, operations, GMS, Security) for the provision of expertise related to GCS interfaces and functionality for the topics related to Networks and cybersecurity
- In particular, interactions with the Systems team, especially for the following system integration aspects:
– Review of system integration test procedures, test data, RVMs, VCDs
– Provision of GCS interface verification status information
– Updates(DCPs, DCNs) for external ICDs
– Support to the EB UNCLA when required and main point of contact for the EB CLA
- Participating actively in the Networks Change Request and Anomaly Review Boards.
Support the preparation of G2G Procurement actions in the area of Networks:
- Support the G2G procurement activities related to the GCS aspects and extended to other areas as required.
- Contribution to the definition of the Ground Segment requirements.
- Technical management of study contracts placed with European industry, including technical follow-up of industrial teams as required
- Follow up of Phase B0 and preparation of Phase B1
- Evaluation of proposals and support to reviews
Report on progress and status of the development and other activities to the Head of Galileo G1 GCS Management Service:
- Informing the GCS Technical Manager of any major technical and programmatic problem having cost and schedule impact
- Regularly reporting on the status of the Networks development within GCS
- Regularly reporting on the follow-up of G2G developments
- Master’s degree or PhD in Telecommunications Engineering or similar with a strong knowledge of Security and GNSS systems and minimum 4 years of relevant working experience
- Knowledge of IT technology (including virtualization) and Networks
- Knowledge and experience of the design and performance of satellite communications systems
- Knowledge and experience of Satellite Control and Monitoring Systems including its operations, architecture and implementation
- Knowledge of the development, test and verification as well as deployment of ground segments
- Full command of English language (oral and written)
- Autonomy in writing minutes of meetings, technical notes, specifications and reports
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Previous working experience in a multinational environment
- Good knowledge of MS office tools
- Excellent Organizational skills, good practical sense, being able to work effectively in a team and be able to work autonomously in the field of responsibility
- Availability and willingness to travel for missions inside or outside Europe
- Experience in procurement of industrial activities
- Knowledge and experience in GNSS Systems, Galileo experience is an asset
- The personnel assigned to carry out the above activities must eligible for a Personal Security Clearances (PSC) from a country within the EU, issued by their national security administration(s)
Please note that interviews can/will be held via skype, webex or other digital platforms. The TUD will be agreed taking into account how the coronavirus situation develops.