Telespazio Belgium is an international company which specializes in the space industry for over 30 years.
The European Space Agency is our biggest client and we provide highly qualified employees to many sites of ESA mainly in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, and the UK.
Your career is very important to us, therefore, we provide a permanent contract with great benefits, a good salary, a relocation package and genuine support to our employees.
On behalf of the European Space Agency, we are looking for a highly skilled TT&C engineer to work in ESTEC, in the Netherlands.
Support on TT&C / PDT related topics:
- Participation to the Concurrent Design Facility work including mission analysis.
- Support to studies and analyses of techniques and technologies for Tracking, Telemetry and Command (TT&C) and Payload Data Transmission (PDT) systems, including in particular: modulatoin, error correction coding, combined (adaptive) modulation/coding, signal synchronisation, digital signal processing, RF/microwave technologies.
- Technical support for the development of TT&C and PDT equipment and subsystems.
- Assessing end-to-end TT&C and PDT systems including system level design, (dynamic) link budget assessment, and data flow analysis including interaction between different link layers and between transponder/transmitter and avionics equipment; assessment of related encryption and authentication functions.
- Simulation and testing in laboratory of TT&C / PDT systems and equipment.
- Generation of technical requirements and statements of work for TT&C / PDT related activities.
- Technical support for standardisation activity in the frame of European ECSS and CCSDS.
- Support to ESA projects from early conceptual phase to launch preparation.
- Applicants should have a Master degree / PhD in Telecommunication or Electrical engineering.
In addition to the required 4 years relevant work experience, the applicant should have some years of work experience in the field of satellite TT&C and PDT systems.
- Knowledge of modern computer systems, programming languages, telecommunication standards particularly in the area of TT&C and Telemetry, digital signal processing theory applied to communication systems and simulation tools is required.
- Familiarity with TT&C transponders, Payload Data Transmitters (for Earth Observation) and other spacecraft sub-systems technology design and testing is an asset, as is knowledge on TT&C spaceflight hardware development.
- Knowledge on satellite telecommunication systems based on optical technology is an asset.
- Knowledge on Authentication and Encryption schemes as applied to TT&C/PDT systems, in addition to cyber security aspects, is also an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
Please note that interviews can/will be held via skype, webex or other digital platforms. The TUD will be agreed taking into account how the coronavirus situation develops.