Telespazio Germany GmbH is the first choice European aerospace company for ICT and engineering solutions and services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff play a key role in determining our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
We are passionate about delivering exciting Space Programs for and with our customers. Through our large frame contracts with ESOC, EUMETSAT and DLR, we offer a future-oriented and trusting work environment, multi-cultural teams, as well as challenging jobs on space missions for graduates up until experienced professionals.
The Telespazio Germany GmbH Legal and Compliance Division supports the business goals by providing high quality and efficient legal and contractual guidance to promote compliance, reduce risk and liability and optimize contract conditions.
We are searching for a full-time (40hrs/week) ambitious Contract Manager looking for a professional environment that values success and provides diverse development opportunities.
You will report directly to our Head of Legal and Compliance will collaborate with management teams and stakeholder teams across the business.This role also entails the position as Data Protection Officer (30%), reporting to the Head of Support Services and the CEO.
The position Contract Manager and Data Protection Officer is based at our Headquarter in Darmstadt. It is full-time and permanent and expected starting date will be around September 2021.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
- You will be responsible for legal and contractual inputs throughout the lifecycle of a project, starting from proposal preparation to contract closure
- You will review and analyze incoming sales contracts (orders) and you will draft contractual documents such as NDAs, Teaming Agreements, subcontracts and other contractual documentation
- You will contribute to the legal and contractual part of our proposals to customers
- You will be involved in the legal aspects of product development.
- You will be part of the Export Control and Trade Compliance organization and support the Export
- Control Representative in managing the program
- You will be responsible for the management and administration of all documentation of the department
- You will be the company’s Data Protection Officer
- Completed academic education (Law or related field)
- Several years of relevant work experience
- Very good understanding of legal and contractual terminology in a commercial context
- Good knowledge of national and international contract law
- Understanding of risk and liability and possible mitigations
- Very good knowledge of EU GDPR and Bundesdatenschutzgesetz
- Very good organizational skills, sense of urgency and setting priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fluent in German and English (verbal and in writing)
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Very good negotiation skills
- Team Player qualities
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Flexible and solution focused work style
- Interest in the aerospace and defense domains
- Experience in Export Control
- Knowledge of IP law
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.