Telespazio Germany GmbH is the first choice European aerospace company for ICT and engineering solutions and services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff play a key role in determining our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
We are passionate about delivering exciting Space Programs for and with our customers. Through our large frame contracts with ESOC, EUMETSAT and DLR, we offer a future-oriented and trusting work environment, multi-cultural teams, as well as challenging jobs on space missions for graduates up until experienced professionals.
Welcome to Space: For our team located at EUMETSAT, we are looking for a System Engineer!
You will be directly involved in the new development but also the maintenance of Data Processing System and Application. You will find various challenges of typical Online and Offline Data Processing Systems ranging from:
- Development and maintenance,
- Interface Engineering,
- Verification and Validation,
- Climate Data Record generation projects, and
- automated Software Testing.
It is full-time and permanent and expected starting date will be around January 2022.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Your tasks will include the day to day operations and maintenance, to the handling of anomalies, upgrades and configuration changes for EUMETSATs Processing systems.
In addition to the above mentioned tasks, you will also contribute to requirements specification, design and system engineering, development and testing activities in the field of science data processing – all vital for existing and future production systems.
You will work in strong cooperation with our team and EUMETSAT engineers across the organization.
Qualification and Experience
What are we looking for? Maybe for you, with at least 3 years of background in satellite instruments with a proven focus on Data Processing for earth observation.
Of course, you are easily understanding the relating physics processes in such satellite instruments together with a university degree (in the domain of engineering, science or equivalent).
We need you with professional skills in engineering of large, UNIX/LINUX based, complex and real-time data processing systems. Of course we rely on your skills in requirements specification, design, software maintenance as well as formal software testing and system integration.
C/C++, Python, or Java in a Linux/Unix environment and the latest software development tools and methods are your daily business.
Teamwork and one’s own initiative is what you enjoy: Capable of working both individually and independently on assigned responsibilities, while you are part of the system team. We are of course looking for good interpersonal and communication skills!
You are ready to develop new skills and knowledge? You are capable and willing to work within a multi-disciplinary context? Yes? Then don’t miss this chance!
It would be ideal, if you are already holding in-depth knowledge and experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Operating systems and application software upgrades / porting to new platforms;
- Object-oriented software design, implementation, and maintenance including UML/SysML based tools;
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Melanie Giesche.