We are the first choice European aerospace company for engineering and operations services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we shape the future of space – and beyond - together.
About Telespazio Germany
Our staff plays a key role for our success through their qualifications, motivation, passion, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values; trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
We are committed to crafting a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a good work life balance, including but not limited to flexible working hours, mobile working and encouraging career development.
We are looking for a results-oriented professional with a customer-centric mentality and experience in managed services, to join Telespazio Germany as Senior Service Manager in the Operations and Engineering Services department. In this role, we want you to run our high profile and strategic services, strategize and shape the service delivery concepts of the future and craft new service approaches for public tenders. You are instrumental in bundling and boosting our services and achieving above the mark performance.
We provide a broad range of services to European customers in the Space Industry. We have highly skilled engineers working in satellite operations, ground segment engineering, simulations and training. We advocate the trend towards full service teams and end-to-end service provision, but gladly tailor our services to clients who need smaller, individualized solutions.
You report to the department head directly and you will frequently interact with the division heads, running our key accounts, and with support functions like HR, finance, legal, and QA. Your key interactions are with the teams and clients to whom we are providing our services.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Your role and responsibilities as a service manager are
Service management (75%)
- Act as a primary interface to the client and take ownership of some of our key service contracts.
- Monitor the service performance against the agreed quality metrics and service levels and ensure timely service reporting.
- Lead the build-up of the teams and resolve any issues in line with the operational needs and negotiate priorities with the client.
- Assign tasks and coordinate the on-call schedule and leave planning.
- Empower and motivate the colleagues in your teams.
New service concepts (25%)
You are encouraged to challenge the status-quo, explore efficiencies across our service teams, suggest improvements in terms of customer experience, and more. We encourage you to look at standard methodologies in other industries.
- Develop new service (delivery) concepts and validate new concepts, e.g. through pilot projects or staged introduction of new service features.
- Support contract managers with the development of new concepts for proposals and support with bids.
- Identify and introduce new performance metrics related to service delivery and improve training strategies.
This position is based at our Head Office in Darmstadt, with options to work from home. It is a permanent full time position with a preferred start date in Q3 2021.
- Master’s degree in (Aerospace) Engineering, Business or similar.
- 7 years of professional experience in a service-oriented role, engaging with customers in the space industry.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Proficient in English, written and spoken.
- Your communication with clients is effective and your negotiation style constructive. You are serious in your commitments and quick to follow through on them.
- You have a talent in leading and motivating people and you combine that with outstanding organizational skills.
- You have a commercial mentality and seek continuous improvement with a touch of creativity.
- Comfortable in your interactions with colleagues, across all domains and seniority levels.
- Experience in working with different organisations in a plus.
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Melanie Giesche.