Telespazio works to bring Space closer to Earth, benefitting citizens, institutions and companies in a variety of sectors ranging from design and development of space systems to management of launch services and in orbit satellite control; from Earth observation to integrated satellite communication, navigation and localisation services, and through to scientific programmes.
We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We are a key player since 40 years in a market where trust and quality are needed. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we craft the future of aerospace – and beyond – together.
Our staff plays a key role for our success through their qualifications, motivation, passion, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values, trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
Telespazio is re-structuring and optimizing it´s approach to training and certifications in Spacecraft Operations, and as such is searching for a hardworking individual to lead this project. You should bring excellent interpersonal and communication skills, confirmed expertise in training Technicians and Engineers, and a strong organizational and self-motivational personality. We offer the opportunity to help develop a first class delivery of Operational Services by improving our ability to deliver training in a more dedicated and focused way.
To create a training material database, communicate with involved parties to understand training needs, and provide or coordinate said training.
This position is based at our Headquarter in Darmstadt. It is full-time and permanent and expected starting date will be around October 2021.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
- Develop a training and certification process for Spacecraft Controllers, Analysts and Engineers
- Organise and lead a central Training Facility within Spacecraft Operations.
- Assemble and Manage an up-to-date library of training material and platforms, creating a Training Catalogue.
- Support Operations Teams in their training and team expansion needs.
- Degree in Science or Engineering discipline
- Experience in Spacecraft Operations, in particular Spacecraft Control, Mission Control Systems (eg. SCOS), Satellite & Payload procedures, Database support, awareness of running missions at ESOC and Eumetsat.
- The successful applicant will have a solid background in a scientific or technical discipline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Logical and methodical organisational skills
- Ability to take the initiative and work without constant supervision
- Familiarity with the use of Learning Management Systems and/or other Training Databases.
- Experience of training methodologies (eg ADDIE)
- Experience in documentation management or previous training administration role would be an advantage
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Melanie Giesche.