Telespazio Vega is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions & services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential.
We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We combine 40 years of experience in a market, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 350 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace – and beyond – together.
Our staff plays a key role for our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values; trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
We are committed to crafting a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a balanced work life balance, including but not limited to flexible working hours, mobile working and ongoing career development.
This is an opportunity to contribute your expertise to currently operated or future Earth Observation missions in close collaboration with our institutional clients in the space sector!
We are seeking software engineers specializing in data processing of remote sensing instruments to join our team for Payload Operation Systems.
This role will work on the development, improvement and maintenance of data processing chains of major Earth Observation mission, including all aspects relating to product generation and quality monitoring (calibration, verification and validation). The area of application may range from software prototyping up to maintenance of operational processors. You should bring an in-depth understanding of remote sensing products of optical imaging payloads, as well as of higher-level retrieval algorithms.
This position is based at our Head Office in Darmstadt. It is a permanent full time position with the earliest to immediate start date.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
- University degree in Physics, Meteorology, Computer Sciences, or other related fields
- Motivation to drive the scientific exploitation of the latest Earth Observation data products
- Demonstrated experience in developing and coding scientific application software in Python, including commonly used scientific libraries (e.g. NumPy, SciPy, SatPy, …)
- Extensive experience in working with geospatial data, especially satellite level products
- Knowledge of remote sensing techniques and atmospheric physics
- Motivated, well-organized, flexible and open
- Standout colleague able to establish an excellent team environment
- Proficiency in English
- Experience in C/C++ is a plus
- Experience with object-oriented programming and basic design patterns
- Hands-on experience with version control systems (e.g. git, svn) and collaborative workflow
- Expertise with space industry standards like ECSS or CCSDS
- Familiarity with common Earth Observation product formats, e.g. netCDF or HDF
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Raphael Rossato.