Telespazio Germany GmbH is the first choice European aerospace company for ICT and engineering solutions and services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff play a key role in determining our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
As part of our multi-national project teams you will be in charge of the team supporting the verification and validation of vital EUMETSAT ground segment infrastructure components for the EPS-SG mission.
As part of this role you will provide also hands-on support, you will prepare Test Plans, Specification and Procedures, executing verification campaigns.
We are looking for a Software Test Manager with working experience designing and developing software tools in the ground/space segment domain and integration and verification experience on data processing software and/or mission control. You should be excellent at problem-solving and multitasking, with a logical and pragmatic demeanor. We want you to lead, learn and grow with us.
And yes, it is really cool to work on space projects!
This full-time and permanent position is based at EUMETSAT.
Do you want us to invest in you?
We are looking forward to meeting you!
- Lead the Integration, Verification and Validation of the Overall Ground Segment for EPS-SG
- manage our on-site team
- liaise with EUM Technical Officer in planning approach and test campaigns
- University degree in software engineering or similar
- Experience developing, designing and testing software in the space domain, in particular in the ground segment
- Strong IVV experience of complex and critical systems, like system functional behavior validation and defects analysis and investigation
- Experience in team management and test campaign planning and execution
- Strong experience in preparation of Test Plans, Specification and Procedures
- Strong experience in preparation of Test Tools and Test Data
- Good Linux and scripting skills (shell, python)
- Basic HW, virtualization and network skills
- Knowledge of satellite data transfer protocols
- Good communication and reporting skills and capacity to easily expose technical analysis
- Proactive, well organised and rigorous
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Interest in being part of an international team continuously looking to improve our capabilities
- Previous experience on Ground/Space Segment System Maintenance or Development projects
- Knowledge/Experience with EPS-SG
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, remote work option within Germany and EU, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. We offer access to Coursera, Bookboon and personal 1:1 feedbacks. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Raphael Rossato.