Telespazio Germany GmbH is the first choice European aerospace company for ICT and engineering solutions and services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff play a key role in determining our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
Do you want to make an impact in the space industry? Then join our dynamic team revolutionizing how satellites and ground segments are built and operated.
Telespazio Germany has a large footprint in space. Our multicultural team is as diverse as the space missions we operate, strengthening innovation in our products and services. We are leading the next generation of operational concepts and ground segment software to simplify space operations and address the needs of NewSpace constellations.
To support the growing commercial New Space economy, Telespazio Germany’s multi-mission control centre dedicated to the operations of small satellite constellations is looking for brilliant minds to shape this groundbreaking project!
This full-time position is located at our headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany (hybrid), it has unlimited duration and is available ASAP.
Who you are:
You are a Flight Dynamics geek that is passionate about the NewSpace revolution and excited to gain hands-on experience operating a variety of small satellite constellations. You are systems-oriented, but at the same time, you do not overlook details. You have an agile mindset and are motivated by a highly dynamic work environment.
If you want to be at the forefront of NewSpace activity, we are looking forward to hearing from you!
As a Flight Dynamics Operations Engineer, you are responsible for the Flight Dynamics systems and operations aspects of our multi-mission control centre: throughout design & development up to launch and routine operations. Employing a mission control system that reduces operational load by streamlining processes and incorporating automation, you’ll lead the efforts in optimizing the management of multiple constellations of small satellites.
The position involves work during regular office hours, with occasional on-call support and availability to remotely work outside office hours as needed to support critical milestones or recovery of anomalies.
The main duties include:
- Leading the development, testing and validation of the Flight Dynamics ground software and products
- Acting as procurement expert for all Flight Dynamics-related software services
- Supporting the operations team with the execution of LEOP activities
- Supporting the operations team with the execution of all day-to-day Flight Dynamics analyses for in-orbit satellites, including:
- manoeuvre planning and performance assessment
- orbit determination and collision avoidance analysis
- constellation management analysis
- development, testing and validation of the Flight Dynamics ground software and products
- Driving the evolution of our multi-mission operations service through the development of automation concepts
- Contributing to the enhancement of the flight dynamics capabilities of EASE-Rise mission control software, working in close collaboration with the team of software developers
- Providing on-call expertise and acting as the primary point of contact to troubleshoot and resolve issues in Flight Dynamics operations
- Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent technical Engineering field,
- At least 3 years of working experience in flight dynamics operations processes or related fields:
- manoeuvres planning/trajectory optimization
- satellite navigation
- collision avoidance management
- Strong knowledge of orbital and attitude dynamics
- Ability to take ownership of all aspects of the job and take initiative
- A proactive problem-solving approach and analytical mind-set
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a highly dynamic environment
- Operational experience with multi-satellite LEO operations is highly desired
- Experience with orbit analysis tools, e.g., GMAT, STK
- Experience in Cloud Infrastructures (AWS) and/or in programming/scripting (any language)
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, remote work option within Germany and EU, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. We offer access to Coursera, Bookboon and personal 1:1 feedbacks. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Ibtisem Midani.