One of Europe´s Leaders in satellite solutions and services.
We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We are a key player since 40 years in a market where trust and quality are needed. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we craft the future of aerospace – and beyond – together.
Our staff plays a key role for our success through their qualifications, motivation, passion, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values, trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
We are committed to crafting a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a balanced work life balance, including but not limited to flexible working hours, mobile working and encouraging career development.
This position is based at our Headquarter in Darmstadt. It is full-time and permanent.
Do, what you love as a SW engineer!
- As part of our multi-national team, you will be designing, developing, and maintaining efficient and reliable C++ code for a sophisticated software environment in the space domain. The position includes developing software models for satellite ground segment systems.
- As member of a team with excellent expertise in both software development and space, you will get the opportunity to develop your career.
- Help us to identify bottlenecks as well as bugs, and devise solutions to these problems by assuring the functionality of the systems. You will help maintaining the code quality, organization, and automation. You will translate the customer needs into delivered features, and become proficient in estimating and defining your future tasks.
Your new Job
- You have proficiency in C/C++, with fair knowledge of the corresponding language specifications and with shown experience. You know how to use the standard template library and its containers. You know object orientation, and can draw and understand class diagrams in UML.
- You are familiar with development tools such as debuggers, profilers, and tracing utilities. You are excellent at problem solving, with a logical and pragmatic demeanour.
- Design, develop, document and test software in C++ that you and your company can be proud of.
- Show everyone what you are capable of, disseminating knowledge and learn with others; praising openly successes of your colleagues and receive praise for your own successes.
- Grow yourself, grow the company and be rewarded as a technical specialist
- C++ programming language
- Object oriented programming and design using UML
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
Experience with more sophisticated elements of software development would be an asset:
- Linux command line, Source Code Control System (Git), Maven
- Debugging of code, static and dynamic code analysis
- Experience in continuous integration processes and tools
- Knowledge of automated testing using CppUnit or similar
- A background in space market and its applicable standards would help further:
- Previous experience on Ground Segment System Maintenance or Development projects
- Experience to work in an Agile Team
- Ability to create software design documentation using UML
- Experience with Linux Bash
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Flexible Working Concepts: Depending of your project assignments and personal situation, we support flexible working – remote working set-ups up to 100%;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace