One of Europe´s Leaders in satellite solutions and services.
We are the first choice European aerospace company for software-centric engineering solutions. We combine 40 years of experience in a market, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace – and beyond – together.
Our staff plays a key role in our success through their qualifications, motivation, passion, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values; trust, integrity, participation, color, and curiosity.
We are committed to crafting a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a balanced work life balance, including but not limited to flexible working hours, mobile working and ongoing career development.
Please feel free to learn more about our amazing offer on our website Our offer to you – Telespazio Germany GmbH.
We are passionate about Space Operations using the International Space Station (ISS) as a unique platform for conducting experiments in a broad range of utilization areas: scientific research, technology demonstration, exploration and commercialization. Our motivated Engineers support on-orbit operations and ground segment activities at a control center for ESA and DLR ISS payload operations and exploration missions located in Germany.
We are looking to strengthen our team with an ISS Ground Segment and IT Engineer to support the development, testing and administration of ground segment activities for the International Space Station (ISS). This full-time and permanent position is based in Cologne with an immediate starting date.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting of mission control center systems / services like client and server hardware, operating system and mission control software, network data transfer and firewall systems during operations (working in shifts)
- Administration and configuration of virtual data processing systems (VMware virtualization)
- Administration, configuration and support service for intranet and mission control systems including system /service integration in its operating environment
- Regular patching of client and server systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT) or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in the administration of Linux and Windows server/client systems and virtualization technology
- Very good command of the English language
- Expert knowledge in Linux, Linux configuration, Scripting in Bash and Python
- Expert knowledge in Virtualization (VMware vSphere)
- Proven technical ability in networks, network components and protocols (DNS, HTTPS, SSH, VPN, etc.)
- Experience in firewall systems (Netfilter, iptables)
- Hands-on experience in network/virtual network set-up/configuration and maintenance
- Hands-on experience in Linux and Windows server/client administration
- Good knowledge in backup/recovery systems (Veeam)
- Basic IT security knowledge
- Further Details/ Requirements
- After the familiarisation period it is expected that the candidate participates periodically in rotating on-call/shift duty
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. We offer access to Coursera, Bookboon and personal 1:1 feedbacks. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace