One of Europe´s Leaders in satellite solutions and services.
We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We combine 40 years of experience in a market, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace – and beyond – together.
Our staff plays a key role for our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values; trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
We are committed to crafting a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a balanced work life balance, including but not limited to flexible working hours, mobile working and ongoing career development.
- This position is based at ESOC in Darmstadt. It is full-time and permanent position.
- Project support experience in RF domain
- RF test engineering to carry out advanced tests of passive RF equipment in the frequency range up to 40 GHz
- Professional experience in large antennas (10m and above) beam waveguide systems, including solid and dichroic mirrors, feeds, diplexers and filters
- Experience with the RF design, development and application of relevant tools and methods
- Experience with laboratory or field testing of relevant technical equipment
- Experience in the preparation of procurement activities for technology development and innovation (statements of work, proposal evaluation, requirements specification, etc.)
- Experience in the management and monitoring of industrial activities, including participation in reviews
- A comprehensive background in electromagnetic wave theory as applied to antennas, as well as hands-on experience with commercial EM software tools
- Understanding of RF related technologies, R&D trends and the industrial landscape
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Engineering support to satellite ground stations corrective and preventive maintenance tasks
- Identifying critical development problems and assisting in their resolution;
- Engineering support to operations
- Laboratory activities as required;
- Providing expert technical support and consultancy to ESA projects, programmes and general studies on space antenna systems, submillimetre wave instruments and associated technologies throughout all project phases;
- Monitoring under ESA responsibility of development / procurement activities contracted to external industries; this includes engineering analysis, participation to reviews and meetings, participation to
- Factory and Site Acceptance Tests etc.
- Participating in feasibility studies, project reviews and the evaluation of procurement proposals;
- Contributing to the definition of technology development requirements and work plans for the Agency’s technology programmes;
- Defining, initiating and managing R&D activities covering both long- and short-term needs;
- Fostering new application areas for multidisciplinary activities, placing emphasis on innovative concepts, cutting-edge technologies and system architectures;
- Monitoring applicable scientific and technological trends and maintaining state-of-the-art expertise;
- Contributing to dissemination of the results of activities performed and transfer of knowledge across the Agency
- Master degree in a relevant faculty (Physics, Engineering etc.)
The following skills are beneficial:
- Solid industrial experience in antenna architectures and technologies in relation to aerospace programmes
- ESOC ground segment elements knowledge
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, remote work option within Germany and EU, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. We offer access to Coursera, Bookboon and personal 1:1 feedbacks. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace