First class aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions
We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We combine 40 years of experience in a market, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace – and beyond – together.
Our staff plays a key role for our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values; trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
We are committed to crafting a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a balanced work life balance, including but not limited to flexible working hours, mobile working and ongoing career development.
This position is based at ESOC in Darmstadt. It is full-time and permanent and expected starting date will be immediately.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
The Engineer will provide support to the TPZG ICT Engineering Team in the delivery of ICT engineering services to multiple clients. The work shall include analysis of the requirements; design, integration, validation and documentation of ICT solutions; handover to operations; level 3 support for incidents and problems.
A university degree in Computer Sciences (or equivalent)
At least 5 years’ experience as ICT Engineer
The successful candidate will have strong results-oriented and planning capabilities, coupled with very good problem-solving skills and a pronounced customer focus
Applicants should have good communication and negotiation skills, be able to work in a diverse team environment and accomplish goals in line with team objective
- Detailed knowledge of various networking protocols and technologies (STP, OSPF, BGP, VRF-lite, TCP/IP, SNMP)
- Experienced with Cisco products and platforms (ISR G2/4k series routers, Catalyst and Nexus series switches, ASA firewalls)
- Experience with ASA firewalls and VPN (IPSec/SSL) technologies
- Cisco CCNP certificate minimum, CCIE level is a plus
- Great communication and problem solving skills
- Project management experience for short/long term projects
- An advanced-level command of English and an ability to present output in a clear, concise and understandable way, both orally and in writing
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks without compromising attention to detail
- Very good ability in writing technical documentation and in providing inputs to Technical Proposals
- Pro-active and confident personality
- Ability to manage assigned activities/tasks taking responsibility and respecting deadlines.
- Experience in Network Virtualization (ACI, DNA, SD-WAN)
- Experience in network automation and scripting (REST API, Python, RESTCONF/NETCONF)
- Sound knowledge of WAN technologies (MPLS, VPN, SD-WAN)
- Knowledge of Linux and Solaris Operating Systems.
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.