First class aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions
Telespazio Germany GmbH is the first choice European aerospace company for ICT and engineering solutions and services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we craft the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff plays a key role in resolving our success through their qualifications, motivation, passion, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
We are looking for you – passionate about space, remote sensing, team spirit, and strong payload experience.
You will support our customer EUMETSAT, based in Darmstadt. Our excellent SOE team will deliver a state of the art spacecraft operations for the Sentinel-3 constellation. Beside the routine operation of the Sentinel-3 A/B satellites, you will be involved in the preparation and early operations phases of the Sentinel-3 C mission.
The position is full-time and permanent with the earliest starting date of November 2021.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Your major role in team are the operations of the Sentinel 3A and 3B satellites and the relevant system, platform and instrument.
- Maintain the corresponding operations documentation and flight procedures.
- Perform trending and performance analysis on the corresponding subsystems and instruments.
- Investigation into satellite anomalies.
- Participation in satellite on-call support rota.
In order to challenge your skills and experience, you will contribute to the mission’s success by:
- Identification and support to the implementation of system and process improvements in the team.
- Develop and validate Sentinel-3’s innovative set of operational tools.
- Support the systems and operations preparation of the Sentinel-3 C and the upcoming CO2M satellite.
- You hold a Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering or any other related area.
- You have already been working four to five years in satellite operations and are well familiar with what it takes in operations preparation. You also have proven experience in software engineering to support satellite operations. Last, but not least you are familiar with satellite mission controls systems for LEO satellite systems, especially SCOS-2000.
- Of course your experience in Earth Observation Missions (especially COPERNICUS missions) will be a huge plus!
- Solid 4 years as an Operations Engineer.
- System level knowledge and expertise of platform and optical payloads.
- Experience with pre-launch, development activities combined with the exposure to SVTs, operations validation, etc.
- Experience with mission control systems.
- Familiarity with On-Board Control Procedures and On-Board Scheduler concepts.
- Be passionate about working in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Negotiation level proficiency in English.
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.