One of Europe´s Leaders in satellite solutions and services.
We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We combine 40 years of experience in a market, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace – and beyond – together.
Our staff plays a key role for our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values; trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
We are committed to crafting a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a balanced work life balance, including but not limited to flexible working hours, mobile working and ongoing career development.
- We are looking for software engineers (if possible with ADA knowledge) for the support of the development and maintenance of Air Traffic Control (ATC) software systems. The project is deployed by our customer, the Deutsche Flugsicherung (DFS).
- The position would be located on our customer site at DFS in Langen (Frankfurt am Main), although traveling for work to clients’ control Centres (DFS and Maastricht) would be required sometimes. These are full-time and permanent positions and the expected starting date will be asap.
- You will be working in a team which comprises developers, testers and integrators, and will take part in the full software development lifecycle.
- Home office is possible within Germany (and within the EU to some extent, with a maximum time period).
- We are looking forward to meeting you!
Software development (for DFS in Germany and Maastricht projects):
- Analysis of observations from issues and documentation of analysis results (IBM Rational Change, Jira, Observations sheet).
- Estimation of the development effort of SW changes.
- Implementation of FDP SW changes for assigned Change Proposals (CP) and Problem Trouble
- Reports (PTR), managed and committed in configuration control system ClearCase.
- Coding style guidelines application and metrics for quality.
- Development of tests and scenarios.
- Execution of code reviews and documentation of changes.
- Error documentation and required additional documentation.
- Engineering runs execution with the customer (DFS, Maastricht) to coordinate test procedures.
- Support in activities on-site including possible trips to DFS Karlsruhe Control Centre and MUAC
- Control Centre in Maastricht.
- Creation and agreement of the corresponding SW requirements in DOORS.
- Coordinating SW requirements with the requirements engineering department and, if necessary, with the customer.
- A university degree in aerospace, informatics, mathematics, physics, or similar.
- At least 2 years of experience in software development during the whole software development life cycle is required.
- Air traffic control know-how.
- Experience in the Flight Data Processing (FDP) domain.
- Experience in the programming language ADA (or similar).
- Good English spoken and written (B2 or at least fluent).
- Knowledge of requirements engineering.
- Experience in software development under Linux systems.
- Issue tracking systems (Jira, IBM Rational Change or comparable tool).
- MS Office (Word, Excel).
- German would be an advantage (but not mandatory).
- Specifications of requirements in IBM Rational DOORS or comparable tool.
- Proactive, structured and solution-oriented approach to work.
- Ability to work in a team
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. We offer access to Coursera, Bookboon and personal 1:1 feedbacks. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace