System Engineer (Verification Engineering) (f/m/d) – J22144
Telespazio Germany GmbH is a leading European company for consulting, technology and engineering services. We are experts in a full range of systems, operations engineering, and ICT disciplines and we develop ground-based, software-intensive systems for control, planning and data processing as well as for simulations and training. Our roots are in the space market and the experience we have developed there now brings benefits to our other core markets such as aviation, defense, security and telecommunications.
Who You Are
We are looking to reinforce our team supporting System engineering activities at EUMETSAT to support the Verification Control activities on the mission System and Ground Segment requirements.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
What You Will Focus on
As System Engineer you will be mainly in charge of the following areas:
Planning and Execution of the Verification Control
- implement the Verification Control activities on the mission System and GS Requirements in the frame of the Phase C/D/E of the MTG Programme, complying with the applicable ECSS Standards
- Support the refinement of the pre-launch system verification strategy at the level of individual requirements
- Perform the progressive establishment of the mission verification status for each requirement
Monitoring and reporting on the Verification Control tasks, including implementation
- Support for the definition of the metrics
- Implementation of the metrics measurement
- Definition of the reports
Corrective and evolutionary maintenance
- Implementation of the metrics from DOORS to a Business Intelligence (BI) Application
What You Bring
- a degree in any relevant field of engineering or science
- thorough understanding of Linux OS, including how to install Linux OS and application frameworks from scratch, as well as how to maintain, backup, and recover it
- design, development, and analysis of databases (SQL/Python)
- design of software architectures; version control management (using tools like git, svn, etc.); and
- object-oriented programming
- good scripting skills (eg. bash, DOORS DXL script language)
- good writing skills for system engineering or software documentation;
- experience in the space sector will be beneficial but is not mandatory
- knowledge of ECSS Standards would be a plus
What We Offer
- Highly international environment: You will work with talented and motivated people from different cultural backgrounds on very diverse and dynamic topics, always dealing with innovation and cutting-edge technologies that help our world advance.
- Work-life balance: 30 days of annual leave and an additional 2.5 days of paid leave.
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme incl. IT/bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.
- Relocation support: We support your move to Germany with helping you with your VISA Process, as well as with an optional relocation fee
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you.
- Company events and activities: Summer BBQs, Christmas parties and more! Plus, access to social clubs organised by EUMETSAT and ESOC in Darmstadt.
How to Apply
Are you passionate about making an impact, with an open and curious mentality? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Christian Marusczyk.