First class aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions
Telespazio Germany GmbH is the first choice European aerospace company for ICT and engineering solutions and services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff plays a key role in our success through their qualifications, motivation, passion, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values; trust, integrity, participation, color, and curiosity.
We are committed to crafting a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a balanced work-life balance, including but not limited to mobile working and encouraging career development.
Climate change is affecting our life more and more, therefore not only weather forecasting but also Earth Observation are facing new challenges. New needs for higher temporal, spatial and spectral resolution, new instruments, all this becomes reality with the Earth observation missions operated by our customer EUMETSAT in 2024.
For our team on-site EUMETSAT, we are looking for a System Engineer to support the complex Preparation and Execution phase of Europe’s new flag-ship LEO space mission, the European Polar System Second Generation or well-known as Metop-SG. The launch of Metop-SG A is planned for 2024 followed by the second satellite (Metop-SG B) in 2025.
In general our team will support the EPS-SG IVV Activities at our customer EUMETSAT. It is a full-time and permanent position with the expected starting date of May 2022
Our service team will cover:
- System requirements specification and verification for EPS-SG
- RF-Compability Tests & IOT
- System Test (Tools)
- The integration verification and validation of the EPS-SG System has been planned, prepared being executed incrementally through the different Tranches (e.g. Versions) in a bottom up manner.
- During the integration, the interfaces of each sub segment are verified against the sub- segments that share those interfaces. Through a sequence of integration steps, the integration of a Tranche is achieved.
- Integration of the sub segments is performed in a pair wise manner. The MCO has been integrated with System Test tools (e.g. SATSIM, NDIU) and currently under integration with each of the MME sub segment services in turn, and the PDAP independently integrated with each of the MMEs. In a similar manner, the MMEs are being integrated with the external interfaces as they become available, noting that this requires co-ordination and planning with the relevant external entities.
- During verification the compliance of the System with its requirements is checked – the allocation of Requirements (System/Segment) to different stages and levels is captured in the relevant VCD.
Activities are broken down into three main phases:
- Planning phase: the approach and plan of activities are established; the IV&V Plan (this Document) and initial VCD are accordingly issued. – Completed.
- Preparation phase: means, tools, and detailed plans down to test procedures to be used for the execution of the activities are developed. On-going for remaining Tranches, mostly focused on the Data Circulation area.
- Execution phase: in this phase integration and verification test, analysis, reviews etc. are performed and documented with control of the verification activities being performed through VCBs, leading to the relevant inputs for GS and System level reviews. On-going with the available tranches, mainly focused on the Data Circulation tests and also the RF-Compatibility tests, followed by In-Orbit Test Activities after launch.
Qualification and Experience
- What are we looking for? Maybe for you, with at least a University degree in Physics, Engineering, or related subjects. With your at least 3 years of experience with on-ground processing of data from satellite instruments for Earth observation.
- You are looking back a minimum of 3 years of experience with the preparation of test documentation (test plans, specifications, procedures and reports).
- Teamwork and one’s own initiative is what you enjoy: Capable of working both individually and independently on assigned responsibilities, while you are part of the system team. We are of course looking for good interpersonal and communication skills!
Additionally you should be able to tick a few of the following requirements:
- Hands-on involvement in data circulation IVV activities including the generation of test plans, test specifications, procedures and test reports for end-to-end processing chains as a huge advantage.
- Experience with RF testing of space-to-ground interfaces at satellite and/or ground station level.
- Involvement in the preparation and execution of tests at remote sites.
- Involvement in RF design related to space-to-ground interfaces at satellite and/or ground station level.
- Expertise in Ka-band link design or testing.
- Experience in other areas of IVV, such as Satellite System Validation Tests (i.e. validation of end-to-end TM/TC chains and of spacecraft operational procedures).
- Familiarity with procurement, installation, use and maintenance of relevant test equipment, such as RF suitcases.
- Proven experience with definition and development of test tools and generation of test data sets.
- Systems requirements management and functional/architectural modelling, with support of tools such as DOORS
- Configuration Control processes and tools.
- Familiarity with the ECSS standards.
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.