We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We combine 40 years of experience in a market, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace – and beyond – together.
Our staff plays a key role for our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values; trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
We are committed crafting a diverse environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a balanced work life balance, including but not limited to flexible working hours, mobile working and encouraging career development.
We are looking for someone with an excellent knowledge of Satellite Mission Planning Systems concepts and software. The main responsibility is to build a section that offers a long term perspective for the staff and a sustainable and growing business for the company!
As a section head you will both manage the section and participate on project activities as well, the allocation being flexible depending on the required focus.
The management activity have two distinct themes
- Strategy and Planning. You formulate the vision and strategy with your team, in-line with the direction of the company. The strategy is thereafter translated into a plan of specific actions to be taken and you manage your teams execution of this plan. The aim is long term sustainability for the business.
- Delivery and Team. You are responsible for the deliveries of the projects within your section. This includes resource planning (both allocation and recruitment), monitoring of projects and being the supervisor of the section team.
You are part of the department management team, supporting the daily operations and you will be involved on required changes and improvements. The direct line of reporting will be to the Division Head, but you are encouraged to contribute to all parts of the organization.
The section size is measured in number of staff and should be between 5 and 15. The ultimate measure of your success will be that the section will grow to a size where it will have to be split!
This position is based at our Headquarter in Darmstadt.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
- University degree in a relevant engineering field, computer engineering, physics or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge in the area of Satellite Mission Planning Systems concepts and software
- Initial network into main customers at technical and management level
- Motivated and driven, flexible and open, with high development potential
- Experience in leading teams
- Good planning skills
- Good communication skills
- Outgoing and not afraid of leaving your comfort zone
- Proven track record in strategic planning
- Experience in Project / Service Management
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, remote work option within Germany and EU, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. We offer access to Coursera, Bookboon and personal 1:1 feedbacks. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Raphael Rossato.