Telespazio Germany GmbH is the first choice European aerospace company for ICT and engineering solutions and services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff play a key role in determining our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
You would like to make a difference? Then this is your opportunity to shape the future of project quality assurance in a dynamic international environment.
We are looking for a quality engineer to support the further evolution of the Project Quality Assurance Team in the Software Solutions Department. This position is ideal for someone who will enjoy working independently as a proactive member of the Project Quality Team and is sociable and interested in other people and their work.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
The aim of Project QA is to support the projects in achieving their best possible results. Each member of the PQE Team supports a number of projects and is involved in their day-to-day work, working in close collaboration with the project managers. We coordinate the work within the PQE Team and stand in for each other whenever necessary. If appropriate, we escalate critical issues directly to the Head of Quality Assurance & Business Improvement.
The role of a PQE is to support software development, maintenance, and service projects through the various phases from proposal to final acceptance ensuring, as a minimum, compliance with contractual QA requirements. The following lists some of the tasks which are frequently performed by the PQE:
- Ensure that all necessary processes are in place (configuration management, delivery, reviews) and monitor adherence to these
- Ensure compliance with the project Quality Plan and any applicable standards (ECSS, Galileo, military, aviation)
- Monitor software metrics, non-conformance resolution, validation
- Provide QA reporting or QA input to management reports
- Support reviews, audits
The PQE role is increasingly being combined with the role of Scrum Master on Agile projects, supporting the team in all aspects regarding the Agile process, and facilitating the scrum meetings and ceremonies from an impartial perspective.
- University degree in software engineering or similar
- Experience with software development environments
- Very good English Language skills (both spoken and written)
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and an appreciation of process and quality
- Good team player but also happy to work alone
- Ability to prioritize and keep an overview under time pressure
- Self-organizing and self-controlling
- Pragmatic, good sense of humor
- Improvement mindset
Additional desirable skills are:
- Experience with ECSS standards and ISO 9001
- Experience with Agile or SaFE
- Scrum Master Certification
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as GIT, Gitlab
- Experience with metrication tools such as sonarqube
- Experience with software testing
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word and Excel
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, remote work option within Germany and EU, sabbatical (time off for traveling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part-time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimization programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful for our employees’ support in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should the need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. We offer access to Coursera, Bookboon, and personal 1:1 feedback. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company events and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties, and TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) events. On top of that, we organize team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Ibtisem Midani.