Network Engineer (f/m/d) – J23032
Who You Are
We are looking to strengthen our service team at our customer premises in Oberpfaffenhofen near Munich with a talented and ambitious team member. If you have an eye for detail and love working in a dynamic and challenging workplace, then this could be your opportunity to be part of the Columbus Ground Operations Project. As member of the System Engineering Team you have the overall responsibility for the coordination and harmonization of all subsystem engineering tasks at Columbus Control Centre. This also includes the handling of configuration changes to the on-going operational setup also managing the long-term changes to the subsystems due to obsolescence or required upgrades or other engineering changes requested by the customer.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
What You Will Focus on
- Preventive maintenance;
- TTS/DR resolution (= corrective maintenance):
- Trouble shooting and support to Level 1 help desk function (especially for remote sites);
- ECR Processing;
- Server administration and integration;
- Installation and testing of supplier-provided software and hardware updates;
- Configuration of subsystems for mission specific support needs;
- Maintenance of subsystem ICDs, User Manuals, Installation Manuals, VCD, Test Documentation;
- Manage / monitor maintenance contracts with vendors;
- Support to mission preparation activities such as Testing, (SVTs, ORTs), and Validation activities;
- Participation in internal and multi-lateral preparation and coordination meetings;
- Support of all preparation activities in respect of the ESA GS (including);
- Provision of general infrastructure (offices, LAN access);
- Provide on-site and on-call support during essential phases and PR events.
What You Bring
- Engineering degree in technical disciplines of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (or relevant professional training);
- In-depth and years of experience in network and/or Linux administration;
- Storage and/or advanced Linux Backup systems;
- Proficient user of MS Office suite;
- Fluency in English both spoken and written.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision;
- Prepared to deliver on-call provision;
- Good communication skills and team player;
- Ability to prioritize different and parallel activities;
- Problem solving aptitude;
- Fast learner.
- Profound knowledge of different network technologies (networking, switching, routing, VLAN, WLAN, SAN, NAC, VPN etc.);
- Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA) and/or Linux Professional.
Due to the project requirements, only candidates with a citizenship of any Member State of the European Union or Norway may apply. This is a must and non-negotiable.
While, applying, please indicate your availability to start in this position.
What We Offer
- Highly international environment: You will work with talented and motivated people from different cultural backgrounds on very diverse and dynamic topics, always dealing with innovation and cutting-edge technologies that help our world advance.
- Work-life balance: 30 days of annual leave.
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme incl. employer loans, etc.
- Relocation support: We support your move to Germany with helping you with your VISA Process, as well as with an optional relocation fee
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you.
- Company events and activities: Summer BBQs, Christmas parties and more!
How to Apply
Are you passionate about making an impact, with an open and curious mentality? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Christian Maruszcyk.