As part of our multi-national project teams you will be supporting the maintenance and further evolvement of vital ESOC ground segment infrastructure components such as EGS-CC, EGOS-CC, OPEN; managing the transition to a community licensing model for these in parallel with uninterrupted support to the flying ESA missions.
As part of this role you will collaborate closely directly with the client’s end users, together with the responsible technical managers to designing, develop, and maintaining efficient and reliable code. You will identify bottlenecks, as well as bugs and devise solutions to these problems by assuring the functionality of the systems. You will help maintaining the code quality, organization, and automatization.
Your new Job
We are looking for a Software Engineer with working experience designing and developing software tools in the ground segment domain. Someone who has experience and familiarity with development tools such as debuggers, profilers, and tracing utilities, excellent at problem-solving and multitasking, with a logical and pragmatic demeanor.
We want you to learn and grow with us.
From the beginning you will be part of our experienced team who design and develop, extend and maintain ground segment software tools for our space clients.
And yes, it is really cool to work on space projects!
This full-time and unlimited position is based at our Headquarter in Darmstadt.
Do you want us to invest in you?
We are looking forward to meeting you!
- Maintain, design, develop, document and test software in java (C++ and python) in the framework of ground segment domain
- Disseminating knowledge and learn with others; praising openly successes of your colleagues and get praised for your successes.
- Grow yourself, grow the company, and be rewarded as a technical specialist
- Share competences and being involved in training of junior figures
- Lead small development team
- University degree in software engineering or similar
- Experience developing and designing software in the space domain, in particular in the ground segment
- Object oriented programming and design
- Good practical Java (C++/ Python) development skills
- Knowledge of Linux OS
- Knowledge of MCS systems
- Ability to interpret complex technical documentation and transfer this knowledge into data-models and processes
- Experience with CI environment tools (Git, Maven, Docker, Jenkins, Nexus)
- Experience using automated testing technologies
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Interest in being part of an international team continuously looking to improve our capabilities
- Previous experience on Ground Segment System Maintenance or Development projects
- Experience to work in an Agile Team
- Ability to create software design documentation using UML
- Experience with Linux Bash
- Experience with MySQL, MariaDB, Apache HBase
- Knowledge of Eclipse RCP
- Knowledge of one or more of the following systems EGS-CC, EGOS-CC, GSMC-CC, EGOS-MG, EGOS Demonstrator for EO (EO-CC), FBO, OPEN, EUD, WebUI