First choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions
We are the first address in the European aerospace industry for software-centric development solutions. We have over 40 years of experience in a market where trust and quality are essential. Together with more than 350 employees in Germany, we are shaping the future of aerospace – and beyond.
Our employees play the most important role for our success, through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, their different cultural backgrounds and their sense of cooperation in an open international environment in which we live our values: trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
We’re committed to building a diverse environment and pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered equally regardless of race, skin color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
We offer a wealth of work-life balance support services, including, but not limited to, flexible hours, mobile working and continuous career development.
- We are looking for C ++ software developers for Deutsche Flugsicherung (DFS) in Langen (Frankfurt am Main) or in a home office throughout Germany. You are jointly responsible for the development of solutions for Air Traffic Control (ATC) projects. You are part of a team that consists of developers and testers and you are involved in the entire life cycle of software development. You should be able to work independently and responsibly. This is a permanent full-time position.
We are pleased to meet you!
Qualifications / work experience:
- A university degree in aerospace engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or the like
- Good knowledge of C ++
- Qt 5 widget toolkit for GUI creation
- In-depth knowledge of development with the Linux operating system
- You should be able to use the scripting language bash
- Know how to use GNU automake tools to create software
- C ++ standard libraries shouldn’t be a foreign word to you
- If you know your way around python, so much the better
- Requirements management with DOORS is also in demand
- Ideally, you have knowledge of testing with the robot framework
- Business fluency in German
- Very good knowledge of English
- If you have already created documents with LaTeX, that would be helpful
- If you are familiar with Wireshark and IP network knowledge, that would be phenomenal
- It would be perfect if address / thread sanitizer tools were part of your tool kit
- Basic knowledge of air traffic systems (trackers, tower systems) would be an advantage
What We Offer
- Work-life balance: flexible working hours, home office, sabbatical (time out for a trip around the world, extended parental leave, further training, etc.), possibility of part-time;
- Financial benefits: company pension scheme, net wage optimization and IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual tickets for local public transport, employer loans, etc .;
- Employee referral program: We would be delighted if you would support us in recruiting new employees. You will receive a bonus of EUR 1,500 to EUR 3,000 for each successful recommendation;
- Support when moving: Financial moving lump sums and support in finding a suitable apartment or even a school or kindergarten for your children and much more. Even when looking for a job for your partner.
- Professional development: Further education and training are an essential part of personnel management for us, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal: a long-term and successful cooperation with you. Would you like to change your focus of activity and other projects or change geographically? Here, too, we support you.
- Company events and activities: Summer BBQs, Christmas parties and also TGIFs (Thank God It’s Friday). In addition, we organize other team building events and internal department celebrations that promote team spirit. Do you have creative ideas for company events or new initiatives, be they artistic or technical in nature? Then please let us know.