We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We combine 40 years of experience in a market, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we craft the future of aerospace – and beyond - together.
We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We combine 40 years of experience in a market, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace – and beyond – together.
Our staff plays a key role for our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values; trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
We are committed to crafting a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a balanced work life balance, including but not limited to flexible working hours, mobile working and ongoing career development.
This position is based at Headquarter in Darmstadt. It is full-time and permanent position..
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Like many of our clients, we see the adoption of artificial intelligence as an important enabler for future space missions and applications. To support our clients with these ambitions we are seeking a Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) Engineer to complement our international team.
In this role you will initially join a newly established project to develop a machine learning operations platform in support of use cases relating to spacecraft development and operations. As part of an agile team you will be involved in projects throughout the development lifecycle from the analysis of the user needs, design of the system to its implementation and demonstration of the use cases.
In the course of the project, you will be expected to coordinate with other agile activities to manage dependencies and ensure that the project delivers to the satisfaction of the users. In the later stages of the project there may be opportunity to implement your own use case on the delivered platform and support the future growth of Telespazio and our clients in developing these applications.
- University degree in Computer Engineering, Data Science or similar discipline
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills:
- A background in software development, preferably in Java
- Familiarity with SW development tools and methodologies, including DevOps
- Solid understanding of MLOps platform deployment
- Familiarity with one or more machine learning toolsets, e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch
- Ability to work independently in a client facing role
- Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients and partners
- Proficiency in English, both in speech and writing
Additional desirable skills are:
- Experience with time series data analysis
- Good familiarity with Data Version Control (DVC) and similar tools
- Understanding of micro-service architecture security
- Knowledge of current EGOS operational mission data management systems, such as ARES
- Knowledge of ESOC SDE, DevOps approach and operational environment
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, remote work option within Germany and EU, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. We offer access to Coursera, Bookboon and personal 1:1 feedbacks. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Raphael Rossato.