We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We combine 40 years of experience in a market, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we craft the future of aerospace – and beyond - together.
We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We are a key player since 40 years in a market where trust and quality are needed. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we craft the future of aerospace – and beyond – together.
Our staff plays a key role for our success through their qualifications, motivation, passion, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values, trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
We are committed to crafting a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a balanced work life balance, including but not limited to flexible working hours, mobile working and encouraging career development.
As part of our multi-national project teams you will be providing crucial support to the operational teams of our customers (ESA and/or EUMETSAT) in the development, validation, operation & maintenance of satellite mission control systems (based in particular on SCOS-2000).
On the projects you will collaborate closely directly with the Mission Operations Teams and in coordination with the client technical manager you will be in charge of
- Providing support to Mission Operation Teams during Satellite Launch-and early Orbit Phases (LEOP)
- Participating in verification readiness reviews and verification testing campaigns both internal and at client site
- Develop and maintenance of Mission Control Applications following formal software engineering processes
- Supporting Ground Segment engineering activities (i.e. requirements, external interfaces and design consolidation), in the area of the Mission Control Applications.
Your new Job
We are looking for a Software Engineer with working experience in the development, operation & maintenance of satellite control systems (in particular SCOS-2000). Ideally, someone who already has gained relevant experience in providing support to Mission Operation Teams during Satellite Launch-and early Orbit Phases (LEOP), Mission Control System Maintenance for operational satellite missions or who has been involved in related in IV&V (integration, verification and validation) campaigns or services.
- Support to Mission Operation Teams of inflight missions and Satellite Launch-and early Orbit Phases (LEOP)
- Participation in verification readiness reviews and verification testing campaigns both internal and at client site
- Support to the Ground Segment engineering activities (i.e. requirements, external interfaces and design consolidation)
- Development / maintenance of Mission Control Applications following formal software engineering processes
- Fluency in English
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in the operation, maintenance &or development of satellite control systems (e.g. SCOS-2000, EGS-CC)
- Experience in the definition of software requirements and architectural design and implementation of Spacecraft Monitoring & Control applications
- Experience in the customization of Spacecraft Monitoring & Control applications
- Good knowledge of programming and scripting languages (i.e. C++/Java, Python)
- Experience with Linux Operating System Environments e.g. SLES 11 and SLES 15 operative system, including working with command line terminal
- Experience with configuration control tools (e.g. GIT or SVN)
- Knowledge of the Mission Control System interfaces with the Mission Planning Systems function and the Flight Dynamics Systems.
- Experience with test tools for Spacecraft Monitoring & Control System, e.g. Satellite Simulators.
- Experience in IV&V (integration, verification and validation) definition (e.g. test plan, test procedures) for Mission Control Applications.
- Willingness for provision of on-call support e.g. during Satellite Test campaigns and LEOP Phases
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, remote work option within Germany and EU, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Raphael Rossato.