Closer in Space
We are looking to strengthen our Gailileo Service Team with a Ground System Maintenance Engineer delivering cutting edge service to our customer based in Oberpfaffenhofen near Munich with a talented and ambitious team members. If you have an eye for detail and love working in a dynamic and challenging workplace, then this could be your opportunity to train in one of the most exciting European Space project.
This position is based at DLR in Oberpfaffenhofen. It is full-time and permanent and expected starting date will be around July 2021.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
The responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintenance of the Galileo Ground Control Center (GCC) systems fulfilling the requirements of the system operability and the KPI requirements
- Monitoring and analysis of the GCC system workload
- Troubleshooting and technical support during operations or maintenance activities
- Generation, validation and maintenance of software and hardware procedures regarding maintenance tasks
- Formally logging maintenance interventions raising and processing tickets in the Galileo ILS tool
- Cooperate with the next level of maintenance (L2), escalating incidents and supporting their resolution.
- A degree in Information Technology or equivalent (or relevant work experience without degree)
- 1+ years’ experience in System Administration, best in an aerospace domain
- Intermediate expertise in Linux installation, system monitoring, maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting and bash scripting
- Intermediate understanding of virtualization and networking technologies
- Good communication skills, ability to work in an international team
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Proficiency in English
Further Details / Requirements
- Due to the project requirements, only candidates with nationality of any Member State of the European Union or Norway need apply. This is a must and non-negotiable.
- While, applying, please indicate your availability to start in this position.
- Candidates who can start at a shorter notice period will be given priority.
Your Benefits of Joining Us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) events. On top of that, we organize team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.