Who we are
We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We combine 40 years of experience in a market, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace – and beyond – together.
Our staff plays a key role for our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values; trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
We are committed to crafting a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a balanced work life balance, including but not limited to flexible working hours, mobile working and ongoing career development.
Who you are
You enjoy to tackle difficult problems, you like challenges? You have a strong interest in software development or software validation & verification and a passion or curiosity about Space Technologies and Space Science and you maybe look for ways to combine them as your future career? Then get involved, apply to us…
You bring enthusiasm and innovative ideas and we offer you an excellent entry into the aerospace industries with multiple career paths and possibilities. Working with our experts, you will be trained to become a future expert Engineer in the aerospace sector.
You will work upto 20 hrs per week at our Headquarter in Darmstadt with the option to work full-time during semester breaks. The earliest starting date would be March 2022.
We would also like to emphasise that we expect someone to remain as a working student for at least 12 months, i.e. we expect candidates to remain enrolled at the University for the next 12 months. A period shorter than 12 months can be discussed on an Individual basis if desired.
Let’s develop the future of aerospace and space together!
Responsibilities / Duties
The role will be to support our Space Project Teams by:
- Providing support in improving and setting-up of development environment and tools
- Maintenance and development activities of internal infrastructure tools
- Ad-hoc investigations on (technical) subjects related to our ongoing projects
- Involvement in studies and prototyping activities
- Other actives depending on your interests and skills.
Qualifications / Experience
- Ongoing Studies in Computer Science / Software Engineer / natural sciences or similar.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages (e.g. C++/Java/C#, Python….)
- Familiar to Linux Operating System
- Work well in a team as well as alone
- Fluency in English (at least level B2)
- First experience with Software Development Methodologies and Technologies (also from private projects)
Our offer to you
- Flexible working times that fit with your busy student schedules
- Training on the job to learn the full life-cycle of Software Development
- Motivated, international and talented team of Software Engineers.
- Possibility of being hired as a full-time employee before / after you finish your studies
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Raphael Rossato.