Telespazio Vega is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions & services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential.
Brand new opportunity for an experienced systems engineer to join the Telespazio UK team, working onsite at ESTEC, supporting the Hera mission and its day to day operations.
The work package covers provision of senior system engineering support to the Hera mission unit with specific focus on the payload elements to be developed under ESA responsibility. In addition, coordination with payload activities under industry responsibility is required in order to ensure overall interface compatibility and maintain the project implementation schedule.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful individual can expect to be involved in;
- Day to day coordination with industry, project team and operations team regarding definition of all instruments’ interfaces;
- Supporting the project team as focal point in all aspects related to instruments (interfaces, development and verification, planning, operability);
- Day to day technical follow up with industry and international partners of the instruments models and related software developments;
- Managing the applicable requirements for the instruments;
- Supporting the Hera lead system engineer for the technical follow-up of the prime contractor in the development and verification of the platform interfaces with the instruments;
- Oversight of the definition and implementation of the payload interfaces simulator by the prime contractor;
- Preparing and supporting payload verification activities, test setups, test execution (participation in the planning, TRRs, PTRs, NRBs, DRBs);
- Supporting operations preparation, definition of nominal and contingency instrument operation procedures that will be further integrated in the spacecraft operations procedures;
- Documentation review (test requirements, test plan and test report);
- Reviewing validation activity setups, with emphasis on infrared imaging detectors and the associated control electronics;
- Reviewing commissioning of the validation activity setup;
- Overseeing tests using the validation activity setup;
- Reviewing test data analysis and reporting to the relevant team;
- Supporting the Hera investigation team and close proximity operations working group in all aspects related to payload operations.
Qualifications / Experience
- University Master’s degree (or equivalent) in related scientific or engineering discipline.
- Extensive experience in space systems engineering with focus on payload development including AIV/AIT.
- Experience in management of industrial activities including reviews.
- Knowledge of deep-space, and asteroid missions.
- Proactive attitude to solving problems
- Good English language skills
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Able to work independently and in international teams
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.