Telespazio Vega is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions & services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential.
Brand new opportunity for an experienced Earth Observation professional to join the Telespazio UK team, working onsite at ESTEC, supporting EO Projects (specifically CHIME and LSTM) within end to end mission performance.
The work will focus on providing support to Earth Observation Projects (CHIME and LSTM) in the domain of End-to-end (E2E) Mission Performance covering mainly software aspects. The E2E performance chain comprises several components: scene generator, instrument simulator, instrument data processor(s). The contractor will work integrated in the relevant Project Teams and will report to the System Manager.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful individual can expect to be involved in;
- Operating an up to date copy of E2E software components in ESTEC to perform specific runs in order to check/repeat verification and validation procedures provided by industries, and ensure proper methods are implemented;
- Extending the test plan from industry to make sensitivity analyses or execute specific test(s) requested by Projects in order to monitor instrument performance, and to analyse impacts on the mission performance resulting from deviations during the development programme;
- Supporting reviews of the E2E software components and participating in project meetings;
- Supporting Test Data production and verification;
- Supporting the analysis of the data collected during on-ground and in-orbit calibration and characterisation campaigns;
- Developing any required software tools to support all the mentioned activities;
- Providing necessary inputs for the relevant internal and external meetings;
- Detecting SW anomalies to be reported to SW developer for analysis;
- Ensuring that the E2E Mission Performance Simulator chain and its components and algorithms meet the required functionality and performance, taking into account system, instrument, geophysical model and calibration/validation facility aspects;
Qualifications / Experience
- University Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Physics, engineering or a related discipline.
- First-hand experience and proficiency in the development of numerical modelling software preferably using compiled languages (C/C++/Java), development environments and using the Unix operating system.
- Familiarity with high-performance computing environment such as GPU and cloud processing
- Good familiarity with computer programs such as Matlab, Python or IDL.
- Knowledge of specific tools such as image analysis tools.
- Background knowledge of the problematics involved in Earth Observation modelling.
- A system viewpoint with the ability and willingness to assess the impact that each element brings to the overall mission performance.
- Proactive attitude to solving problems
- Good English language skills
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Able to work independently and in international teams
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.